Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stitching Weekend!!

Alex and I have had a very busy stitching weekend. Yesterday we went to a Stitching Day at Esme's to take part in a "sort of" Cyber Stitching Day. It was lots of fun- the host was very helpful and friendly, the venue was cosy, the other ladies were lots of fun, the cakes were yummy and the lunch at Peckish was terrific!!
Last night I finished part 1 of my Christmas Swap gift for Kerry while watching City of Angels; a movie I love and no matter how many times I see it I always hope the ending will change.

Today we have worked on completing Alex's Hugs and Kisses quilt. The top is complete. Pop over to Alex's blog and take a look. What a clever girl, she has finished her first quilt!!! Here is a couple of pictures of Alex at work!





I absolutely love this photo, the look on her face was priceless when she realized she had stitched one upside down.
Don't worry Al it happens to the best of us!!


5 comments:

Candace said...

I checked out her blog, and it turned out really pretty. I'm sure you are a proud mama.

Fer said...

Woohoo Alex!! That is so cool. Her expression is priceless, but we've all been there though!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Such cute embroidery! Where do you get your patterns? and what is "winges"? Thanks for visiting my blog.

Christine said...

Well done, Alex. Your quilt looks great.

Sarah said...

LOL!! Lovely pic of Alex with her quilt!! Sounds like you had a great day at Esmes!!
x Sarah