Meredith and I had a lovely weekend. We flew to Melbourne on Friday morning, had breakfast at Lilly's, a little cafe near our hotel, and then headed off to Jeff's Shed to the Stitches and Craft Fair. And for all of those people who know of my monumental stuff-up last year- it was the right weekend!!!
We had a wonderful time wondering up and down the aisles...there were so many stalls and quilting shops represented...we were in Heaven....
By 4 o'clock we had finally arrived at the Quilting Expo, tired and ready for a change of scenery....so we went to the Village Cinema at Crown to see Mamma Mia. If you havent seen this movie yet, do yourself a favour and go....it is such fun...I have seen it twice and I would go again....Meryl Streep is wonderful....and Pierce Brosnon is so ....
I purchased this fabric pack to make the mini-quilt Simple Pleasures from Anni Downs new little book of little stitches...
Another bag pattern!! This one is in my favourite colours -black and red...
Have been thinking Pinwheels for a little while now and when I saw this gorgeous Charleston fabric I knew exactly what I would do with it!!! (one day)
A few years ago I made my neice Issi the Christmas Counting Book. I purchased this alphabet and counting book so I can make my other neice Ruby a special fabric book too. I'm still undecided though. I'm tempted to make Ruby a Christmas Book as well. It was very special and could be a great heirloom one day!!??
And my final purchase was this gorgeous black and cream fabric to make myself a new work bag.
11 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. And I just love all the Fabric you bought Cant wait to see the finished Products.
Hugs Mary.
My word you have done well! I hope we see it all in person Thursday night.
:o)
Oh yes, I remember last year's mix up!! Glad you were ablke to go this yar and what lovely things you have been able to buy!! Nice handles!!!
I love all the fabrics you bought Cathy, now get busy and get start making something.
Wow looks like you have a great time away and what lovely purchases. The chrissie cups with the stitchery on can you tell me the name of the pattern, I love them and have never seen them around before. thanks heaps.
I probably bumped past you on Saturday. I too was at the fair, and thought I had died and gone to heaven. Did you see that stall "dyed and gone to heaven" - I was having a laugh to myself about that one. Great day out.
Hi Cathy, you chose some very special pieces of fabric and patterns. Down track, hope to see the finished products. Warmest Regards Lyn
Love all your goodies & glad you had a good time at the show...haven't seen the movie yet but everyone is raving about it.
cheers
maree
What no block of the month ???
Glad you had a good time. Love those Charleston fabrics and looking forward to seeing your Anni Downs stitcheries. Reading lots of good reports about Mamma Mia in blogland.
Oooh, I love all your goodies! Can't wait to see what you make of them.
Post a Comment