Saturday, July 12, 2008

Evandale Craft Day!

Wow, 3 posts in 1 morning!
I have been unwell with the Winter lurgy and not feeling like doing much. I'm still not 100% as those poor ladies that I sat with yesterday,will tell you. Unfortunately I coughed and splutted a bit when I went to the annual Stitching in July day at Evandale that Christine Dearden organises for us. Hopefully I havent been too sharing and passed on my bugs, but I couldn't possibly miss out now could I!!!


Here are the tutors explaining their samples and the projects that they had for us to work on. Chris Dearden, Kerry Gillespie, Brenda Ryan and Viv Robinson. There are lots of things in my kit that I hope to make one day, but for yesterday I chose to work on Viv's Sampler Bag. Here is the bag being modelled by the gorgeous Alex.


Here is the being of my stitchery for the bag, plus the Civil War fabric I have chosen to make my bag in. I love the effect of Viv's sample, but I have chosen to make mine a little brighter but still staying with the heritage feel!

Finally here are some photos of some special ladies. This group is a few of the ladies I stitch with on Thursday nights. Sue, Giselle, Alex, Meredith and Myself. Alex was yacking and laughing as usual!! Doesnt she look happy!

And this is a group of fellow bloggers! It was terrific to finally meet Sarah and Christine. I owe much of what I know about Blogland to Christine so it was lovely to spend the day stitching with her!!

On a bit of a sad note, there was one lady we missed seeing today, Christine Book!! I hope you are feeling better Christine and we all missed you!! The day was definetly a bit different with out you!!

15 comments:

Christine said...

Fantastic to finally meet you and Alex, Cathy. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Christine

Chookyblue...... said...

this is a great day out meeting sewing friends and fellow bloggers......

Rose Johnston said...

Looks like a great day Cathy!! Hope your feeling better soon! Love the bag, that is so sweet!
Hugs xxx

Leanne said...

HI Cathy
Well I'm totally jealous of you all, you all look to be having such a good time. I was thinking of you yesterday.

Love the bag, can I borrow the pattern pleeeeeease.

See you tomorrow
Love Leanne

Bec said...

Looks like a great day! I love the bag, and the fabric you have chosen for yours. can't wait to see it finished!
I also enjoyed reading your list of current projects, you have inspired me to put a 'more complete' list of my projects on my own blog!
Bec xxx

Leanne said...

Looks like you had a great day...Love Viv's bag she does lovely stitcheries. Hope your feeling better.

Amanda Naomi said...

hello! just stopping by to say hello and thank you for the comment sorry its taken so long to return the comment, you have a lovely blog and now im off to visit ur daughters blog!!

amanda xo

Stina Blomgren said...

It´s amazing...just to be able to attend to these classes...I´m soooo envy of you all... So thanks for sharing pics so I can sit here and wish I was over at your place!!
Loved that bag!!! WOW!!

Fer said...

Aw man, what a fun day! Wish I had been there too rather than trying to get a Brumby to work - but you know all about that! (I have two older brothers who are into cars, that's why I know so much!)

I hope you're feeling better. This lurgy really is a pain, I'm still trying to get over mine too.

:o)

RG said...

Hi Catherine :c)
I sure do hope you're feeling better now and over that lurg!!
Do take care.
Wanted to say thanks for popping by my blog...it's so neat to meet other quilters and especially Aussie quilters too, but I do love 'all' quilters :p ...don't we all.
Huge to you and happy sewing,
Robyn xx

RG said...

That was 'hugs...lol

anne said...

Wow love that bag, thank you for sharing.

Sleepover at this site

http://dragonfly-crafts.blogspot.com

check it out. Happy stitching

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

This all looks like far too much fun! Thanks for sharing, Tracey

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy saw your name on lisa's blog so thought I'd pop on over & say HI!!
looks like you have had a great time meeting up with fellow bloggers & stitchers.
will pop back again
happy stitching
maree
On My Verandah

keslyn said...

Hi Cathy, Just letting you know I have just opened my swap gift and it is just gorgeous, I LOVE it. I feel so very special that you have made it just for me. The fudge will go down very nicely for supper tonight, I shouldn't eat it but fudge is one of my very favourite, Thanks Heaps and I must keep in contact, Chat soon
Kerry