Friday, October 17, 2008

Califon 4-Patch Quilt

I spent Friday at home all by myself.....OH BLISS!! After tidying and dusting and washing and vacuuming I managed to work on Alex's birthday quilt and I am pleased to announce the top is now complete!! That leaves approx 4 weeks to get it quilted!!

Here it is hanging on our back fence. Just look at that desolate garden...yuck. We are in the process of replanting a lot of our garden. They are subdividing the bush-land behind us so we are working on planting hedge trees. So far we have only cleared and cut down. Next weekend we hope to get the watering system in and the trees planted!


Doesn't it look gorgeous against those pretty yellow daisies, and it is so nice to finally see some sun with some warmth in it!! Summer will be here soon!

15 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

It's looking good, love the colours you've chosen

Leanne said...

HI Cathy
I feel like I Haven't seen you for ages, Alex's quilt is gorgeous, well done on getting it finished so quickly.

Alexandra-Kathleen said...

Well. You have ruined the suprise now. Thanks.

Unknown said...

It Looks Wonderful Cathy...love the Borders...Great fabrics in it.Good Luck with the deadline.
cheers
maree

Anonymous said...

Oh it's lovely. Nice to have a day off to do it too!!

So the building is going ahead. Hope your hedge grows fast!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi there, strolling through blogland, gorgeous quilt and beautiful colours ... will call back.

Stina Blomgren said...

Love the quilt...and 4 weeks to quilt..nice deadline...go for it...:o)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

It looks fantastic! I'm sure DD will love it!

Fer said...

Woohoo! It looks great!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cathy how good does the quilt look, fantastic job...

Jules said...

Hi Catherine,
I love the quilt. Very modern. Well done,
Jules

Rose Johnston said...

Looks fantastic Cathy!! Im sure Alex will love it!! Good luck with the quilting deadline. Are you hand or machine quilting it!
Hugs xxx

Sarah said...

WooHoo!! Looks fantatic Cathy!! Bet Alex loves it
x Sarah

Bec said...

This looks stunning! Well done! The borders look great. I'm sure Alex will love it!
Bec xxx

Anonymous said...

Very gorgeous Cathy.. Love the colours!!