Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Miss Alex


Ahhh!!! Don't you love this view!!!
One of my favourite places to be- on Sydney Harbour. And thats exactly where I was on Wednesday. My oldest baby was seventeen this week and all she wanted was to go to Sydney to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Being the wonderful mother that I am I ignored the cost and obliged. (cause I really wanted to see it too)

We had a lovely day. Left home at 4:30am and flew 50 minutes to Melbourne, then flew another 11/2 hours, arriving in Sydney at 9:30. We went for a wander around Circular Quay and caught a ferry to Darling Harbour. We had a glorious buffet lunch at the casino and then went to see the show.
Not sure who this Movie Star is....but she looks relaxed!!

The show was so much fun.... Alex and I were very impressed. I never thought I would say this, but Todd McKenny was excellent and even a bit buff!! We had the best day and arrived back in Launceston at 10:30 that night. It was a huge day and we were both very tired, but it was definetly worth it!!

25 comments:

Fer said...

You jet-setter you!

Happy birthday to Miss Alex. A perfect gift from a loving Mum.

:o)

Isabella said...

Glad you had a blast good for you, you wonderful mum lol and happy birthday to Alex

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!! Great to hear you had a fab time!! Cathy, wana be my Mum LOL
x sarah

Chookyblue...... said...

wow what a special day for your daughter and you to share.......

Anonymous said...

We did the Sydney thing a few years back when the kids were little... been back with them since, but stayed a few nights and took it all in... the first time was a mystery flight...Remember them?? It was a huge day but soooo worth it!! P.S: Happy birthday Miss Alex... Lx

Rose Johnston said...

Can u be my mum???? lol What a wonderful day for u and Alex. Happy birthday to the lucky girl!!!!!
Hugs xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Alex - sounds like the perfect way to celebrate! You certainly packed a lot into your day - the stage show sounded terrific!

Jules said...

Told you it was a good show. I want to see it again. You look like you were having a lovely time.

Jules

Unknown said...

What a Great Day for you Both...Jet setting here & there hob knobbing with the Queens..relaxing on the Harbour what else could a Birthday Girl ask for...Happy Birthday Alex.
cheers

Julie said...

How nice!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a great day!!! Happy Birthday Miss Alex...

Marita said...

What a whirlwind fabolous day, sounds like the birthday girl had a terrific day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alex!! You and your mum had a wonderful day it seems!! Bit sad about Todd!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday old girl, I hope you enjoyed your party from Miss Issi and Miss Rubxxxx

Jo said...

Happy birthday Alex, my family loves Sydney too, and to be able to go there to see a show,how wondeful.Glad you had a great time

Sarah said...

Awsome awsome awsome!

annemariesquilt said...

Looks like you 2 had a perfect time togehter. Sorry i have never seen sidney's harbour, but i would love one time ......

Lynda said...

What a fabulous birthday! "Priscilla" is such a fun show - you'll never again listen to "I Will Survive" without thinking of Alex's birthday.

Julie said...

aww, sounds like the perfect day. what a lovely mum you are! your daughter will have treasured memories of this special mum & daughter time. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alex, a treasured memory of your day. Regards Lyn

Leanne said...

What a wonderful 17th birthday.....Mmmm not sure about Todd KcKenny I'd have to see it to believe it.

Days and colors said...

Happy birthday Alex! It looks like a wonderful time!

RG said...

Cathy...it sounds like you both had a wonderful time!! A day to be remembered. Happy birthday to your DD :o)
Robyn xx

Anonymous said...

Amazing one you can fit in a day, I have been known to fly down to Sydney for the day too.
Lots of fun.
Happy Birthday to your daughterAlex

cheers
Christine

Anonymous said...

Amazing what you can fit in a day, I have been known to fly down to Sydney for the day too.
Lots of fun.
Happy Birthday to your daughterAlex

cheers
Christine