Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Almost Finished....

DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SCREEN!
No you are not seeing double, I have almost finished...I still have a tiny teddy to make and a few pompoms to put on the puddings...but apart from that, it is finished!!
Just quietly, I was happy to make Miss Ruby one, but Dear Sister, if you have any more children, I will gladly lend you the pattern!





There are a few differences. The main one is the quality of the felt. If I ever make another one I think I will use wool...although it will be super expensive! The other obvious difference is the back cover. I was not happy with the funny looking wreath on the back of Bells so I put Angels on the back of Ruby's instead. (For those of you wondering who Bell is, it is my neice Issi, she informed me today that she would like to be called Bell from now on!! What a cute Miss 5 she is!!)

18 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my they are stunning well done again,I think your needlepoint work is superb,
cheers Vickie

Anonymous said...

Cathy, these are just gorgeous... I really need to get myself into some sort of handwork for when I am away from Nina... I just don't have the patience for it!! Knitting scarves is more my level of concentration... you know... mind numbing!! Actually, I'm gonna give freeform crotchet a go this winter... can't make mistakes with freeform!! heh heh Lx

Anonymous said...

Ummm... that should read crochet!! not doing crotches this winter!! Lx

Isabella said...

Well done Cathy, I agree the angels on the back are better .Did you see DMC is about 1/2 price at the hated shop this week 60 odd cents each

Unknown said...

Your Books look just Wonderful...a lot of work there...I'm sure the little ones will just love them..
cheers

Rose Johnston said...

Well done, they both look fabulous and will be loved by both girls!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh...congratulations in your finish!! They are wonderful!! :o)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

What great work you've done Cathy! You must be so pleased they're done.

Anonymous said...

Those are so nice! Such a neat idea.

Deb said...

These are lovely Catherine, you have the patience of a saint

annemariesquilt said...

You must be the best aunt ever, the books looks awesome...

em's scrapbag said...

These are soooo cute. They are going to be loved I'm sure.

Fer said...

You must be so pleased to have it nearly finished, woohoo!

PS. Missed you last night. :o)

Sarah said...

WooHoo!! Bet you are glad it is nearly over lol!! 'Bell' will be pleased ;)
x sarah

Sarah said...

YAY CAthy YAY - I know how much you wanted to finish it! BUt oh what a LOVELY Aunt (wink)

Fiona said...

Aren't you as lovely Aunty, Let me tell you there is no chance of me needing to lend the pattern. The angels do look cuter.xx

RG said...

Just WOW!!!!! :D
What a treasured gift Cathy...good on you.
Can't remember if I popped by to say thanks on the houses...so I'm maybe doing it again...lol..ah wel....busy brain..
They are cute and hope you get the time to play with one or two sometime.
Thanks for stopping by :o)
Robyn xx

keslyn said...

Wow Cathy, you have done a great job, I am sure they will be both oved and cherished by the girls, what a special Aunty you must be.
Merry Christmas to you and your Family
Kerry xxxx