Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend in Melbourne

I have had a lovely weekend in Melbourne.
Andrew, Leanne, Anna and myself headed off early Saturday morning. After a quick plane flight, a brisk walk and a shared breakfast at a little French cafe we arrived at the AQC. I don't think I have ever seen so many women in the one place before....it was ridiculously frantic and busy and exciting.
The first thing I did was meet up with fellow Tassie bloggers Jo, Sarah, Christine and Kathy. We then went in search for Gail Pann, and half an hour later we all stopped for breathe and headed off to SHOP! I did pop by to see Ric Rac and we said a very brief Hello, unfortunately she was so busy.... next time Jodie!
I made a few purchases, but on the whole I used great restraint!! My favourite purchase was Natalie Bird's latest pattern called All Creatures Great and Small....it appealled to my obsession with all things Noah!!




That evening Andrew and went to see Billy Eliott. It was amazing....moving, funny and emotional..... If you havent seen it I strongly suggest you do if possible, it is brilliant. !! After the show we met up with Andrew's friend Colin....a member of the Billy Eliott ensemble and had a few drinks with him. That was pretty cool!!
On Sunday Colin and his wife, Lynette, took us to the Beachcomber at St Kilda and we had a gorgeous breakfast on the foreshore there! I strongly recommend the Canadian pancakes!
After the manditory stop at the DFO and a whirl-wind visit to the Smiggle shop we headed back to the airport and home! We had a very exciting and busy weekend!!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, what a whirlwind weekend!! Expect to hear all the details this afternoon!!

Sarah said...

Oh Cathy - did Lynette mention she saw me at the show??? LOL SMALL world!

Fer said...

You call that restraint? He he he...

Glad you had a great time - I hope we get to see lots of show and tell Thursday night. :o)

May Britt said...

A fun weekend and you did some shopping too. Natalie B's pattern looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your funfilled weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, glad you enjoyed the Convention, lovely bundle of goodies you have.I had a quick visit, hopefully longer next year. Regards Lyn

Annie said...

Hi Cathy, I was there too - and I've never seen so many women in one place either!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you enjoyed a great weekend.

Helen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and shopping as well.... great.

Helen

Julie said...

I am seriously envious! Your weekend sounds truly blissful! I love the Natalie Bird book, will have to put that on my list to look for at the next craft show I attend!

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh oh...very NICE shopping...:o) love the new pattern fron NB....so cute....and so much fun you all must have had!!!

em's scrapbag said...

What a fabulous weekend you had. I love all your purchases. You did good.

Jo said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend Cathy and looks like you came home with some great purchases

Simone de Klerk said...

So good to hear that you had such a good time. And I love all those beautiful things you bought! It must be great to have been there. Are you back to earth already?

Jodie said...

It was crazy busy on saturday wasn't it? Sunday was almost the same.
Next time I'll try to have a not-working day there as well - for socialising.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend away Cathy! But I gotta ask, what are Canadian pancakes???

I'm still recovering from my quilt retreat weekend! LOL

julia said...

Wow, it seems you have had a GORGEOUS weekend ~ love the fabrics you bought & the Natalie Bird pattern is so sweet!
Hugs, Julia

Myra said...

What a great weekend!
Excellent purchases...if I do say so myself! 8-)

Fee said...

I just love your purchases Cathy - It sounds like you had a great time.

Christine said...

Hi Cathy. Where has the last fortnight gone?
Glad you had a nice weekend ... sorry I didn't catch up with you again. You bought some nice stuff ... I got that Natalie Bird book too. Too cute not to! Sounds like Billy Elliot was good. Have a good week.
Christine