Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Craft Projects

I have had a lovely time this last week. As many of you know I have been on holidays, and I have spent my time reading, having "coffee", doing lunch and catching up. I have also managed to spend some time playing in my sewing room.
At night my stitching has been my Dear Jane Cross Stitch....a couple more blocks have been stitched.

Below is a photo of a gift I am making for a swap I'm involved in. I have used Prairie Paisley fabric....it is so pretty and country....will share a proper pic at a later date!


Below is another gift I am making for a special lady and her soon to arrive baby...I am really enjoying making this .... stay tuned!! It is unbelievable how many babies are arriving soon. I know of 4 lucky ladies about to become happy Mums in the next 4 to 6 weeks!!

I have been working on several other projects this week too and will share when I can take a clear photo of them....winter must be coming, the days are not as bright as they were and have struggled to get clear pictures...might be time for a better camera??
Until then....
Happy Crafting!!
Cathy

26 comments:

Unknown said...

All Your Projects are Lovely that You have been working on...Glad to hear you Enjoyed Your Break...
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cathy you are one busy girl, all the projects look fantastic..sounds like you had a good break.

Roseanne said...

You maybe on holidays. But you are fitting a lot in. Good on you!!!!!

Razzy

2paw said...

Such tiny cross stitch and I love the baby project. I am glad you had such a nice break from school. Only 6 weeks to go!!!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Cathy,
Really enjoyed looking at what you are working on. Can't wait to see them all.
Must be in the water, a lot of babies this way too.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Glad you had an enjoyable Easter break and you were able to spend a lot of time in your sewing room!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your Dear Jane is coming along beautifully!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I just love your cross-stitch! I do hope I get around to stitching it myself one day...after I make the quilt or before?? LOL!
The baby quilt is beautiful - what pretty, funky fabrics!

Lynda said...

Everything looks so lovely - especially like the Dear Jane cross stitch.

Julia said...

All the projects look great..
are you finding the cross stitch easy to do....
Julia ♥

Daisy Jayne said...

I just love your cross stitch..looks great.. sounds like you had a nice break

Jan Gartlan said...

The Dear Jane Cross Stitch is gorgeous. Where did you buy it from? I'm attempting a quilted version - the cross stitch looks easier...

Julie said...

It is funny how lots of babies seem to come at the same time.
Your DJ cross stitch is going to be very nice.

Fer said...

It's so nice when you can take time out and simply sew! Your projects are looking terrific.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, look forward to seeing your DJ Cross stitch on completion...is it quick to do?You are on a roll with your projects...love the colours...Regards Lyn

Bec said...

Love the quilt, looks fantastic with the purple border!

Bec said...

Silly Me. Wrong comment. That's what happens when you try to do too many things at once. Sorry Cath.
The quilts look fabulous! Funny isn't it, all the babies I know of coming this year are also April/May! I have ALSO used WeePlay for one of the baby quilts! Love the colours in the range. The stitcheries look great!
Bec xxx

Myra said...

Sounds like you've had a restful and enjoyable time off. Time in the sewing room and some Dear Jane... Good for you!!! 8-)

Shell said...

love the cross stitch project,I am a x-stitcher/newbie quilter,loved looking at your blog you do great work

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Great projects that you have been doing. Some very luck people soon to receive such lovely gifts.

Christine said...

The cross-stitch is growing nicely. Love the stitcheries on the baby project ... very sweet.

Unknown said...

You have been very busy . That xstitch is amazing .

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cathy! I hope you have had a great day today!
Looks like you have been very busy lately! Your Journey of a Quilter looks fantastic! And that Prairy Paisley 'somthing' looks so pretty!
x Sarah

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow Cathy, you are working on many very pretty projects! So much fun to look it.

Annie said...

I just LOVE that Dear Jane cross stitch. It actually looks more achievable than the quilting at the moment. I bought some fabrics to start mine, but haven't got any further than that.

Hanne said...

Lovely projects, as always :-)