Friday, May 15, 2009

Red White and Black!!


Last night I was involved in a Table Topper Swap/Live Chat with my "Friends in Stitching" group. What a hoot that proved to be...you think 9 women in a room can make a lot of noise and confusion, try giving them a keyboard,alcohol, dog noises and stitching to talk about...totally hilarious confusion!!!
This is the gorgeous Table Runner I recieved from Helen. Thank you so much Helen it is definetly my colours and looks very striking in my Family Room.

Very little craft happening at my house at the moment, I am a bit end of termy and also struggling with a revolting head cold that won't go away. I did manage to finish this cute little bag during the week though. Leanne and I started making them one night last week, it was a very simple pattern....one I will make again Im sure!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, sounds like you had a great night... reminiscent of nights spent in my sewing room!! You know, the wine, the keyboard, the dog noises heh heh... Lx

Scottish Nanna said...

Sounds like you all had a Hoot I love the bag you made and your runner is nice Nice gift to get
Hugs Mary.

Jan said...

It was a fun chat last night and my dogs Katie and Gus loved those dog noises! So hard to keep up with everyone typing a mile a minute - imagine if we get together in person! The table runner looks great and so does your dear little bag - can you give me the name of the pattern please Cathy? Might have to make one for myself (unless we have a bag swap this year and you or Leanne are my partner, of course!) Have a great weekend.

Stina Blomgren said...

Glad to see a little post from you.. love the little bag you made.. so cute!!! :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your table runner Cathy, I was thrilled with mine as well, same design yellows/blues.....the chatting now that was something else...I know what you mean about the head cold thingy...take care hope you are feeling better soon...Peg

Julie said...

My favourite table runner pattern! Great for a quick gift and so effective. OH and I have a serious case of 'bag' envy!

maria said...

Great sewing. I particularly like the cute bag. Hope the cold gets better soon.

Unknown said...

Like the Table Runner in those Colours...Cute Little Bag...Hope you are feeling better now..
cheers

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your table runner is very striking! Hope you are feeling better this week.

Fer said...

Bugger about your cold! Hope you're feeling better soon.

The table runner is very you, and the little bag is gorgeous!

Bec said...

What a gorgeous bag! The table runner looks fabulous, it's amazing what a difference colours adn colour placement can make.

Myra said...

A wonderful table topper! Love the bag! Different! 8-)

Sarah said...

Was a great night... lots of laughs!
Your bag looks so cute... will have to make myslef one... they look so easy!
x Sarah

Micki said...

I just found your blog and love it. Your work is beautiful! I enjoyed reading your posts so much!
Micki
In Ireland