Saturday, July 25, 2009

Evandale Gathering

A couple of weekends ago I went to the annual gathering at Evandale. This years the tutors were Natalie, Brenda, Gail and the ladies from Blue Willow Cottage. It was a great day. Lots of stitching and heaps of giggles.....


The gorgeous Ladybird goodies designed by Natalie...definitely on the to-do list one day!!
Buttons and Bows designed by Gail.....also on the to-do list!!

This is the chatelaine I made on the day.... the amazingly sweet, helpful, and extremely bossing Marie helped me. (LOL) What a lovely lady...you would never have guessed she had been a nurse. If it hadn't have been for Marie and her organisation skills (yep, she bossed me well) I would never have almost completed this on the day!! I have always wanted to make a chatelaine....this one has a scissor keep, a thimble pip, a pin wheel and a needle case.
Thank you Marie, and thank you for a great day ladies!!!

13 comments:

Fee said...

Sounds like a great day - I wish that I could have gone

Joy said...

Gorgeous patterns ... love the chatelaine!! I really should make one for myself one day too ;o).
Hugs
Joy :o)

Chookyblue...... said...

those sewing gathering are so much fun.......and with so much chatter it is hard to get things done.........lol.........

Helen said...

Love the chatelaine. Well done, and all done in one day :)
Where can you buy/order the pattern???

Julie said...

Love the châtelaine so delicate and useful! Must feel great to bring home an almost complete project from a day out! Lovely work!

Stina Blomgren said...

Wow.. what a day you must have had!!! And I love the chatelaine you did... so so lovely!!!:o)

Isabella said...

That is one lovely chatelaine Cathy
cleaver you would have takem ages lol

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Chatelaine ...Pretty fabrics...glad you had a good day...
cheers

Jo in TAS said...

I've had bits cut out for ages to make a chatelaine, your post has inspired me to pull it out and put it together! Very pretty!!

broderie said...

My grandfather was born in Evandale, what a pretty little town it is, it would be a good place to have a stiching weekend!

Fer said...

How can someone be sweet and bossy at the same time? ;)

Looks like a great day, the chatelaine is gorgeous.

Solstitches said...

I love the chatelaine you made - so pretty!
I see someone already asked if it was from a pattern? I'd love to know too
Margaret

Leanne said...

Sounds like a great day. I need a Marie to come with me I never finish anything at work shops. Would you believe I talk to much.