Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Miss Issi


My precious Neice turned 6 yesterday and on Sunday she had a special party with some of her friends and family. She was very lucky and had a balloon-making magician, lots of fun games and yummy food, and her clever Mum made her the best cake, a pair of ballet shoes!!

And of course I had to make a special quilt to celebrate the occasion. I used Leanne Beasley's"Ruths Quilt" pattern and Winsome fabric. So now Issi and Ruby have matching quilts...they can share a bedroom!

I also made her her own stitching bag and gave her a long stitch kit. Everytime she visits Issi asks if she can "do stitching" so now we are set.


And these are the roses the Balloon Magician made. He was a very clever young man (only 16) and he made alsorts of things for the party guests!


13 comments:

Micki said...

Happy Birthday to your neice and what lovely gifts!
Micki

Grethe said...

Happy Birthday. What a wonderful gifts. I like your stitchery.
From Norway :0)

hetty said...

Happy Birthday Issi! What a lovely quilt! And that stitching bag is wonderful.

Fer said...

What a lovely Auntie you are! Did Leanne do the quilting? If so she did a fantastic job.

It's great that Issi wants to sew too!

2paw said...

Six?? How can she be six??!! Happy birthday Issi!! What a lovely quilt and that's a gorgeous Stitching Bag!!!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

What a lucky little girl! Vey nice quilt you made for her b-day :^)
The stitching bag is wonderful, I love how she wants to stitch when she's visiting your house, priceless!

Leanne said...

Hi Stranger, Issi's stitching bag goes beautifully with her new quilt, the quilting on it is so good, I wonder who did that??

Fee said...

Your gifts to her are gorgeous - You are a very swet Aunt :)

Stina Blomgren said...

The quilt is wonderful..love the quilting!!!! :o)))
Glad to see it finished...

Lynda said...

Gorgeous present for a gorgeous girl. Love the balloon flowers.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

How gorgeous!!! And I love the butterfly quilting on it!!

Leanne said...

Issi is certainly lucky to have you as an aunt. I love the little bag and I'm really impressed with the balloon flower.

Christine said...

Beautiful ... lucky Issy.