Saturday, July 28, 2012

A weekend in Stanley

A picture of the Tasmanian village of Stanley. A gorgeous little town with cute shops and many sweet homes that are mainly B and B's. Andrew and i have just spent the weekend here. Obviously winter is not the time to visit as many businesses were closed for the winter. It was still a lovely town to wander around and we found a couple of great shops to explore.
A few cute B and B's
Andrew and I tried desperately to take a "Selfy" picture with "The Stanley Nut" in the background but just couldn't get it right, so here are 2 big nuts with the third "Nut" hiding behind Andrew's head.....
Not a great deal of stitching...3/4 of a picket fence and 6 hexi's.
I have discovered that hexi's are great to stitch while in the car!
Back home and back to reality
Enjoy your week,
Cathy xx

6 comments:

Liz said...

I think I might just have to put Stanley on my list when I'm in Tassie in September, looks fabulous..
Lizzie
xxx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I've been there Cathy and absolutely loved it...in fact I loved Tasmania...my Son lived there for a while!

Leanne said...

I'm glad you had a good time, Stanley looks like a nice place to visit.

Lynda said...

We've also visited Stanley and John went to the top of The Nut. Your hexies are lovely and yes, they're great for stitching in the car.

Vickie said...

aww lovely photos...I am yet top get to Tassie but I will get there...cheers Vickie

Khris said...

My hubby and I got married in Tassie and we LOVED our 2 weeks there. We drove quite a few miles...it was in June and was cold but was awesome.
Hugs Khris