I have been working on this quilt for my niece Eliza for Christmas. It is a simple pattern that I have used before. It is in the first Jelly Roll, Layer Cake book
BUT....I have had to re-do and unpick so much of it.
Luckily it was a beautiful day in Launceston today, so I took my massive pile of unpicking and a coffee outside and enjoyed the warmth and sunshine.
I did finally get my act together and the top is pieced, I just need to add the borders.
Eliza is 14 and her favourite colour is aqua. I used the grey and aqua fabric from the Ruby range...
I'm really happy with it...
We have 2 of these little guys living in our front garden.
They are very tame and come out and nibble away.
They drive Miss Milly mad and she barks and chatters at them from the front windows.
Milly reminds me of Scooby-do when she chatters away, its very funny...
And progress on my Tis the Season stitcheries....7 stitched, 5 to go...
I'm aiming to have the top together by the end of October...we'll see!!
Have a great week everybody!!
8 comments:
Just gorgeous! What kind of creature is that? It's adorable but is it a rabbit? Anyway, I love, love, love the pattern and the fabrics for that awesome quilt!
Cheery wave from
Bev
Well done, Cathy - both quilt top and TIS stitcheries. I have still only done 4, but at least they are small enough to pop in my luggage when I go away. Plenty of time on trains and planes!
Have a good week XX
Lovely quilt for your lucky niece. Going great on TTS, I think you will make your goal.
I love aqua to. Your quilt is lovely. I do love your little garden friend.
Oh Cathy Eliza's quilt is just gorgeous...I think aqua might be my new favourite colour for summer!
Beautiful quilt Cathy, why did you have to unpick though?
Oh no, precut quilts are supposed to be quick to make!
The fabric choice is spectacular, looks so good together. Unpicking is the pits, I can see why the weather would need to be a motivating factor!!LOL
Post a Comment