In Hobart last week I visited The Needlewoman, a wonderfully inspiring craft shop. I purchased this Lynette Anderson pattern and accessories. My aim is to make a couple of Christmas gifts throughout the year so I will be a little organised in December....
My online stitching group, Friends in Stitches has responded to the devastation caused by bushfires in the Tasmanian region around Dunalley recently. We as a group have made stitching parcels for ladies in this community. In our parcels we have included the necessities- scissors, needles, thread, fabric, a stitching kit, a pin cushion, thread catcher and a stitching bag. Here is some of my parcel.
The centre panel of Down in the Garden is finally finished!
Its been a UFO for almost 3 years!
The binding is going on to my Union Jack quilt!
And finally- Andrew and I have had a huge day in our front yard. We are both a little tired and sore!This is one side of the garden. We started out with the plan to just spend an hour or so tidying up the plants. 9 hours later we had removed some very tired and woody plants, installed a watering system, planted many new cottage plants, mulched, cleaned up and watered.
This side of the yard is my favourite, it makes me think of a fairy grotto!


9 comments:
I love your little garden and admire all the hard work you put into it. Please come and do mine! Seriously, love plants, kill 'em every time.
Congratulations on all the projects coming to fruition and I love that you've been making care packages for the crafty ladies on the Tasman. I am sure they will be gratefully received and loved.
Cheers
Wow! Your yard looks amazing! It's wonderful for your quilt group to help out. I can't even imagine losing all of my sewing stuff...not to mention everything else! Bless those people and you for adding some cheer back into their lives.
XOXO
Bev
Your garden makeover looks great. Very pretty with the tree overhanging. Looks like there are some finishes imminent, very exciting. The sewing kits are such a thoughtful idea, it is so hard to replace all those special, small items.
Love what you've been making and what your about to make :)
You're going great guns, Cathy! Many happy returns to school; hope it's not too alarming.
Hi there,
Your current projects are beautiful! I love Down in the Garden and would love to make it myself one day. Great work in your garden also!
Hannah :o)
Your sewing kit is just lovely Cathy...very generous...love the purchases...
love the stitching kit....and I think gardening is a little like washing the walls...once you start you have to keep going...because where you have been looks so good...! I will have to add the Needlewoman shop to my "to do" list for my visit to Hobart in April.
Cathy love the sewing set you made,it will put a smile on someones face,well done.xx
Post a Comment