Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015-Happy New Year





Happy New Year! 
We had a great night out with the Pipe Band on New Years Eve, starting with a meal at The Cock and Bull and seeing the new year in at The Country Club Casino. We were dirty stop outs and went home about 3am. The 1st of January was very quiet at our house.

I'm trying desperately to get back into exercise and improve my fitness again after at least a month of being slothful. I was really pleased with my 5km run this we as the time is only a couple of minutes slower than my PB. I also enjoyed a walk around the Seaport area one morning. 

My first 2015 finish. I thinking this cross-stitch sampler has been in my unfinished projects cupboard for at least 15 years.
It is all finished now and I plan to have it framed and hang it above the blue couch in our Sunroom. 

Last night we had a Saturday night BBQ catch up with Leanne and John and Wendy and Steve at Legana. It was a stifling hot day, reaching 31. Lots of food, alcohol and giggles. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Cathy glad to see you had lots of fun and boy a 5k run thats good,well done.xx

Karen said...

You stuck with it and finished your sampler though a long time in the works. Beautiful piece.

Deb said...

Happy new year Cathy. You sound like you are having far too much fun!!! Good on you. I love your sampler, its gorgeous and it doesn't matter how long it took, they all become vintage eventually anyway.