Tuesday was St Patrick's Day so where did we go??
The Cock and Bull of-course...
A Scottish Pipe Band, playing in an English Pub on an Irish day...
only in Tassie!!
Thursday was my little sisters 40th birthday.
We had a meal at The Newstead Hotel and shared a bottle of Janz, as only we can...
Georgia and Grandma were there.
And Ruby with her favourite uncle.
Ok, Kath and Kel jokes aside....Saturday was Relay for Life.
Andrew and I spent the weekend at the event in The Haggis Muncher's team.
And The Haggis Munchers....the band opened the event.
Fiona bought the girls out and they walked with me for a while.
Great bucket hats. I love this pic....
And the reason behind me taking part this year!
I had decided I wanted to walk the length of a marathon in honour of my Dad who lost his battle to lung cancer 3 years ago. I walked the 105 laps or 42km and spent much of that time thinking of Dad and the life we had shared. I miss the cranky old buggar and am so pleased that I walked that distance for him. The funny thing is, if he was here he would tell me I was bloody crazy, but I know he would be proud of my efforts and would tell everyone about it, over and over and over and over.....









2 comments:
Great effort Cathy. A really lovely thing to do in memory of your Dad. X
oh Cathy it bought tears to my eyes,thats a damn long way to walk,well done and what a wonderful tribute to your dad.xx
Post a Comment