Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Calico Wedges

In April this year I spent a lovely birthday weekend at Pauline's Calico Crossroads Patchwork Shop creating this quilt. The tutor for the weekend was the lovely Kerry Swain.
I think it was called Calico Wedges. The actual quilt pattern had another border on it, however I left that off as it would have been too large for the wall I wanted to hang it on.
 
 
The quilting was done by Miss Sarah, from Patchwork Plus....she is an absolute wizz!!
 


This is the first reproduction quilt I have made for a long time and I am loving the fabrics again.
Luckily I didnt give away my reproduction fabric stash as I was tempted to do.... 

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely finish!...and fab quilting!

helbel19 said...

Wow I just love your quilt Cathy and it looks fabulous above your machine.
Love the quilting too.
Well done

Helen

Susan said...

Gorgeous Cathy. Love the wedge border. It looks perfect in that spot.

Sue W ♥ said...

Well done Cathy it looks fantastic, Sarah has done an amazing job on the quilting also

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow.....gorgeous quilt, amazing quilting...

Jo in TAS said...

It's perfect for that spot and Sarah's done a lovely job with the quilting!

Lib said...

Quilt looks fantastic, love the material. Great quilting job too!

Vickie said...

looks wuverly very much,cheers Vickie

Chookyblue...... said...

love this Cathy.was tempted to make it when I went to my retreat.......love the colours you have chosen........