Friday, March 14, 2008

Earlier Projects

Here are some of my earlier quilts. I would like to make an album or Flickr of them but as yet not sure how. Will work it out eventually. These quilts all have very country colours which is interesting as I tend to prefer pastels and reproduction or civil war fabrics at the moment. Suppose our tastes change!
The above Christmas Sampler I made when I went to classes at
The Quilt Patch about 10 years ago. I also made one for my sister Fiona, hers is much brighter and more traditional in colour. Will have to take a photo and add it.

I think this was called Hearth and Homestead?
The pattern was in a Patchwork and Quilting Magazine.
I made the quilt in 2000.

This was a quilt I made when I was having a really tricky time at school. I had a very ill child in my class as well as some very challenging children. I would come home and play with my scrap bag to make at least one reel a day. I call it my Stress Quilt and out of all my quilts its probably my favourite. Funnily enough its also the quilt Georgia loves to cuddle up under.






I made this quilt for Georgia in 1998.




This quilt was also made in classes at The Quilt Patch in Launceston.
Fran taught me many techniques and patterns through this quilt.
I owe much to Fran and her patience.





4 comments:

Fiona said...

Good Work, yes our tastes do change. I also like all the things you do in pastels now.

Sarah said...

Love your quilts!! The cotton spool one is my favourite too!! Always wanted to try doing one like that, you have me inspired!!
x Sarah

Fran said...

"Patience" being my second name!
Good blog,
hugz,

Christine said...

Great quilts. I started out as a 'country girl' too but like you I'm now torn between reproduction and pretty fabrics. I like the stress quilt best - know where you're coming from on this one!