Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bridport Craft Retreat


Pier Beach at Bridport.
The most tranquil place I know. I love walking along the foreshore here or sitting on the rocks looking out to sea! Oh the Serenity!!

This is "The Shed" Holiday Escape of my good friends Rhys, Meredith and Bertie. And this was the venue for a frantic bag making weekend. Can you image, 3 obsessed women all sewing crazily to finish as many bags as possible. I don't think we even had a break for lunch on Sunday, simply nibbled on crackers and a bit of cheese. Madness!! But lots of Fun!!


Merdith and Bertie. Occasionally Bertie was a helpful sewing companion.



Some of our bags. Between the 3 of us we have 12 bags either finished or almost completed. Meredith made the grand total of 5. Susan my new friend and Merediths' neighbour completed 1 (the pretty rainbow bag made from fabric she dyed herself) and has partly finished another. And I completed 3 and have 2 more that need to be lined.
The reason Susan has only managed 1and1/2 bags was she sewed so hard her wrist couldn't take the pressure and it snapped! Not really, the poor thing fell over in her garage and broke her wrist. After a quick trip back to the LGH she now has plaster on it from wrist to elbow.




My 3 completed bags. Purple for Alex, Monkeys for Georgia, and Pink and Green for Fiona.





3 of Meredith's completed bags.





All of Meredith's completed bags.







11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bags look lovely sounds like a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
What a lovely idea to get together and work on something that all women love bags....
My family and I visited Bridport in February it's a great place with a wonderful beach.
Sylvia :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun, and your view....OMG...love all the bags that you guys made.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fun weekend.I just love all the bags you girls made they are Gorgeous.
Hugs Mary.

Sarah said...

Wow!! What a weekend!! The bags look fantastic!!
x Sarah

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sounds like an excellent weekend - looks like a lovely part of the world! You have all been very productive.

quiltygal said...

Beutiful bags & great scenery I am off with my quilting friends for a long weekend in 5 weeks time can't wait
Claire
http://quiltygal.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

Hello bag lady. you did a great job. One for Fiona, one for Alex, one for Georgia, where's mine??? lol.
Love Leanne

Leanne said...

Looks like you had a very productive weekend shame about the broken wing. I love the photo of your bags.....how there is a horse in the back round did you stage that LOL.

Christine said...

What an impressive line-up of bags. You were very productive. Molly would have fun with Bertie!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a beautiful collection of bags.......