Friday, May 16, 2008

Gorgeous, Cheeky and Clever Issi!!

This is one of my very special neices modelling the quilt I made for her a few years ago.
Issi is obviously Fiona and Nathan's daughter, she looks just like a good mixture of her parents with a personality all of her own! She is super clever, super cheeky and a very sweet kid.
I used the remaining fabric from their wedding quilt (plus abit more) and built this simple log cabinish quilt with an appliqued heart on each block. I also made a pillow to go with it.
You look very relaxed there Is!!!







9 comments:

Christine said...

Issi looks very impressed with her quilt. Beautiful smile.

Anonymous said...

I love this Quilt its very pretty and so is the little girl I bet she loves you.
Hugs Mary.

Stina Blomgren said...

Love the quilt...it is so fun to give when you get a smile like that...;D

Fer said...

Too sweet! It's perfect for a girls quilt.

:o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The quilt for Issi is just gorgeous....and you other quilt, Leannes House, just beautiful...

Sarah said...

Very nice Cathy! What a great idea to use the left over fabric from their wedding quilt to make a quilt for their daughter.
x Sarah

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

How lovely that Iss has a quilt made from the same fabrics as her parents wedding quilt! It looks extra sweet with those hearts in each block!

Vickie said...

oh Catherine what a treasure you have made for a little treasure-great work,
cheers Vickie

Anonymous said...

Hasn't she grown up so much??? She's definitely cheeky and loves her quilt!!!!