Monday, June 2, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

For all those friends who are wondering if I took sewing to Queensland.
What do you think?? As a friend of mine always says "Is the Pope Catholic" or "Does a Bear....."
And it is just as well. The weather up here is very ordinary! It has rained now for 2 days and is not supposed to change until Wednesday. To think we left "Sunny Tasmania" for this!!
I havent really minded though because- I have had my stitching and a really good book!
I have discovered a new author, Catherine Coulter and she has a FBI Thriller series. Her books are shocking page turners and very unputdownable!!
When Andrew and the girls were sick of swimming in the rain and watching movies yesterday we wandered around Pacific Fair and today we went to a Shopping centre at Robina. Tomorrow we are going to go Bowling, visit the Q Tower and going to Dracula's for dinner and a show. Lets hope it clears up for Wednesday as we are planning to go to Movie World!!!


And here's the proof that I did take my stitching. Have only bought NPNT stitcheries as I have 33 left to complete (only) and with nothing else to do I will have to work on them!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, warm as warm can be, too hot to wear a jumper on Saturday(people sweltered) and it was 16* today.
Oh, oh oh I have been to Pacific Fair: me, who's been no where. Hope you can fill in the wonderful endless hours of leisure!!!

Christine said...

Hope the weather improves for you soon. It's been very nice here so far. Have you found any quilt shops yet. I've been to a couple up there and I've seen others advertised in magazines. Movie World will be fun.

Unknown said...

sorry that you have had the awful weather,we moved from the Gold Coast further 4hrs north & we have just had it for 4 days,hope it clears up for you soon. At least you have some stitching with you,hope the rest of your hols work out OK.
cheers
maree

Candace said...

Sorry about the bad weather, but it sounds like you are making the best of it.

Stina Blomgren said...

Hope you will have much better weather!! Have a nice time!!

Fiona said...

Oh we are having a heat wave down hear, NOT. Sounds like a good holiday stitching and a book. Hope the weather warms up for Movie World xxxxx

LOVE FROM ALL OF US Karas people xxxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like it is still fun...send the rain to us we will have it...love the stitcheries...enjoy your holidays.

Fer said...

He he he. Nice sunny day today, not hot but at least it's not pissing down!! I saw on the telly that there's even been floods up there.

Glad you've got your stitching, you could go mad otherwise! :o)

Sarah said...

Pity about the rain Cathy!! Hope it does fine up for Movie World!! Dracula's is SO much fun!! We had a ball when we went a couple of years back.
x Sarah

Vickie said...

Oh my your going to Dracula's you surely will have ablast there-I went there many years ago it was wonderblah!Yes I have sent he rain in Se QLD but surely it's not cold eh?
cheers Vickie

Leanne said...

HI Cathy
Hope that rain has gone away, good on you for relaxing and reading your new book, you'll come home all refreshed and ready for our stitching nights.
Say hi to Alex and Georgia for me
Love Leanne

Leanne said...

Hope the weather does improve. Love those stitcheries they are very cute. The great thing about stitching it can be done no matter what the weather.