Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lucky Me and Ellie!

How lucky am I? The postie bought me a very special parcel from my new friend Marie today. Marie is a keen quilter from Minnosota and she has sent me a special magazine and some gorgeous Civil War fabrics!!! I love the pattern on the front of this magazine! I actually have a jelly roll of Wee Play ready to make it....one day!!
Thank you so much Marie!!

Ellie

Georgia and her friend Ebony have been keen for me to help them make a Melly and Me character!! As the holiday is almost over we thought we had better get busy today. This was a marathon effort on all fronts. We began at 1o'clock and finished at 8 o'clock...all feeling bleary eyed but very happy with our efforts!!

The stuffing of "Ellie" lead to much hilarity!! Needless to say there was at least one stuffing fight, a santa beard, a beer belly and two botox butts!!....

Here are the happy seamstresses with Naked Ellies!!!

And finally Ellie in all her finery!!
We all had a surprisingly relaxed, fun afternoon!! The girls are already planning which character to make next holidays.....Phoebe, Magoo or Fido??

9 comments:

Roseanne said...

O yes you are very lucky to get all that fabric and the book .Well you will have to make something out of that fabric and show us .

Julie said...

Such cute elephants! The girls did a great job.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The girls did an amazing job on their Ellie's! Love all your swap goodies.

Unknown said...

Nice parcel...the girls did a Great job on their Ellie's..love their outfits.
cheers
maree

Fer said...

That's so cool! I love the 'Acute' pattern, in all it's quirkiness!

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun and memorable afternoon. The girls did a fabulous job. Your goodies are great. You are a lucky girl.

julia said...

Oh, you're a lucky girl - beautiful fabrics & a good magazine...what could a quilter's heart want more? *g*
The melly&me-softies turned out cute, congratulations to the seamstresses!
Hugs, Julia
P.S. thanks alot for your lovely comments - it means alot to me!

Sarah said...

Dont they look cute.....good job girls!! Still have not made mine lol
x Sarah

maria said...

Hi, I love your Ellies, I have the Magoo pattern but haven't started him yet!