Friday, September 12, 2008

A Pocketful Of Christmas progress

Well here it is, almost pieced!! I have had so much fun making up the layout for this quilt. The stitcheries do come from Bronwyn Hayes' book A Pocketful of Christmas but the layout is all mine. That in itself is pretty amazing as I usually only reproduce other peoples ideas. As I have too many great things to make that others have designed I do not normally "think for myself."

All I need to do now is add the outer border. I "think" I will use the red fabric, but am undecided. Any suggestions, what do you think???

My photography is a bit average, I could not manage to take a clear, focused picture for some reason. Here is a semi-focused close-up of the centre block - Visions of Sugarplums.


16 comments:

Christine said...

Great layout, Cathy. Your stitching is so neat. Love it.
Christine

Leanne said...

Definately the red border Cathy, your quilt is beautiful, well done.
So this is my christmas pressie right??

Love Leanne

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, beautiful, but NOT ENOUGH GREEN!!!!!!! (I think red border) But really GREEN!!

Roseanne said...

No it is mine christmes present Lol .You should be proud of your self .It is so beautiful you have done great work on tnis quilt.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the layout - just gorgeous! Red in the border would finish it off perfectly.

em's scrapbag said...

You have done a beautiful job. I love red borders, so red gets my vote.

Hanne said...

WOW - this one looks good - I am looking forward to see how it turns out :-)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Very, very nice quilt. I concur with the others; red border will be fab.

Leanne said...

You should be giving yourself a big pat on the back it is lovely. It is such a great feeling when you take that step and it turns out fantastic.

Fiona said...

Red looks like it could be a goer.

Scottish Nanna said...

Yes red border this is just beautiful I love it you have done a great job on it give yourself a big pat on the back.
Hugs Mary.

Unknown said...

It looks Gorgeous Cathy...love the Stitcheries they go well with the fabric.
cheers
maree

Sarah said...

Oh Cathy! Just LOVE this!! The colours are beautiful.... chocolat?? I reakon the red would be perfect!! Love the star in star block
x Sarah

Tilly said...

What a fabulous quilt, and your embroidery is beautiful.

Fer said...

Gorgeous! I'm actually inclined to think that it needs a border of the light blue print you've used between the blocks and then a red print outer border.

I find Blogger tends to make photos a bit fuzzy anyway - I'm constantly frustrated with the photo quality on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, I agree the red border.You have done a beautifuly job on this quilt. Regards Lyn