Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day Light Saving

Oh Dear, Life is very full at the moment. Day Light Saving started here in Tassie this week and the loss of that one hour always seems to unsettle everything. It makes me feel tired, a bit weary and gives me a feeling of the world going much too fast.....
To add to this we have all been inspired by the longer daylight and have started either working in the garden or going for a walk after dinner. It has been lovely but consequently I have not achieved a great deal of craft or blogging this week. My blog list to visit is extremely long!!! I will get to them.....just not sure when.....


These are the beginnings of the Christmas baubles I am making for a Tassie Blogger Swap. We are planning a get-together in November to have a Stitching day where we can exchange baubles and catch-up.




Christmas is a Coming mini-quilt is all together and ready for some quilting....

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute Santas! Love the little quilty.

Anonymous said...

We are just doing everythig an hour later till we adjust!! What lovely Santas!!!

Julie said...

Love the little Santas. I'm don't have any Christmas projects underway this year. (Probably an unfinished one or two in the cupboard if I looked hard.) Always next year!

Fer said...

I'm loving the longer daylight hours, I just wish the weather would warm up a bit!

The baubles are way cute!! :o)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your mini Christmas quilt in sooo cute. The little Santas are darling!

keslyn said...

Day light saving started here as well, and it really puts us all out for a while, great for gandening but not sewing, love your santa's.

Kathy said...

Your Christmas baubles are coming along beautifully. Can't wait to see all the finished products in Nov! Cute little quilt too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cathy great little Santas, fantastic for a swap...

Jo in TAS said...

Your Santas are looking good, I'm working away on the Angels :-)

Pauline said...

oh wow..how cute are your little santas? xmas? what is xmas? thats a year away isnt it? :)

em's scrapbag said...

What fun Santa ornaments. And your Christmas is coming quilt is wonderful.

Sarah said...

WOW the Santas are looking SO good. I have cut what I can - waiting for the QC to dye the main colour.

Day light wise - well I wish I was spending it in the garden or going for walks. It makes me make dinner later and thus boys to bed later.

Looking forward to November get together.

Julie said...

Oh, I want to come to the meeting! Too bad it is on the other side of the world. :-(

LAPPEQURI said...

Lovely christmas projects:-) Natalie Bird is comming to Norway and her i live 8-9 November:-)
I cant wait;-)
Have a nice and creative week

RG said...

Cathy, I love your baubles and your mini...both fabulous!!
Daylight savings kicked in here too last Sunday...I usually struggle, but this time it's been ok, but like you we're outside longer...not much seing happening here.
BTW, thanks so much for commenting on my pincushion :c)
Robyn xx

Sarah said...

Your baubles are coming along nicely Cathy, and love the wallhanging

x sarah