Monday, November 10, 2008

From Pool to Vegie Patch!!

We have a large backyard and in the space next to the kitchen/family room we had a pool area last year. While lots of people had fun in the sun it was alot of hassle and it was never really successful! So over the last couple of weekends we have converted this area from a pool area to a sandpit area and now it is a vegie patch!! Georgia and I had a ball planting all the different seedlings. We have corn, cauliflower, broccoli, capsicum, rubarb, spring onion, lettuce, cos, chinese cabbage, tomatoes, peas, snow peas, green beans and butter beans, cucumber, zuchini and carrots. If they all grow we will have vegies coming out our ears!!


12 comments:

Scottish Nanna said...

Just tell me when the vegies are ready and I will be there the shop bought ones have no taste and are chchchch you know what i mean you have done a good job
Hugs Mary.

Leanne said...

Sounds Yummy.

Julie said...

We are reaping the rewards of our new vegie patch at the moment. My son loves picking things for me to cook and my one year old just loves raw peas. It all tastes so much better than what you can buy, I'm lucky we have a never ending supply of cow poo. My secret to growing great vegies if you can get hold of some.

Anonymous said...

The hanging gardens of fabulous!!! I hope Milly is not too helpful with the gardening!!

em's scrapbag said...

Oh enjoy your veggie garden. I'm sorry to see mine go. I will miss the fresh veggies until next year. Store bought just don't have the flavor.

annemariesquilt said...

Hi.. I hope you will have lot of fun with you new garden.
It is ao cute to see you all work togehter!

Anonymous said...

Wow... huge effort!! I love our swimming pool, but I know what you mean... they can be a lot of work. Does Milly like to dig? Luckly, Molly just likes to lay in dirt... not dig in it!! heh heh Lx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I would love to be in your house come harvest time!!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

That's some garden! Enjoy all your veggies, you'll all be so healthy!

Fer said...

Groovy!

Tasmania doesn't really have the climate for swimming pools, I'm sure the vegie patch will provide you with many more hours of pleasure.

Julie said...

Good for you! Home grown veggies. Our tomatoes have finally bit the dust from the recent frost. I will be envious of your fresh veg.

Cathy Newman said...

I don't know why I felt saddened that you converted your pool into a veggie patch. LOL. But it turned out good, don't worry. We also have out veggie patch in our backyard in our house in Chicago. The harvested plants are being sold to some of our friends and they love our service.