Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Night at the Beach

This weekend in Northern Tasmania was a long-weekend. We had Monday off work to celebrate Recreation Day. Our friends Rhys and Meredith invited Andrew and I to have a night at their beach shed on Sunday night. We had a lovely time- dinner at the top pub, lots of lovely food, drinks, hilarity and laughter. It is quite funny how we have known each other for so long and when we are together we tend to know what each other is going to say. We even finish each others sentences! Scary!! We have know each other for too long!!
And of course there was stitching. Meredith and I could not have a night away without getting our craft out. I chose these 2 stitcheries to work on .... thought they were appropriate for a day at the beach.

13 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. Stitcheries look good ... are they Ruth's Quilt?

Quilter Going Bananas said...

What a great way to spend time with friends! Love the stitcheries, makes me wish for the beach and ocean .....

Roseanne said...

You even match the stitcherys to go with the theme at the beach.It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. It is so good to get away with friends.

Stina Blomgren said...

Beach...that word sounds so way way long gone for me...but I can start longing for some beach cant I...lol..
Glad you had such a good time..and wow you are clever to work on the most perfect stitchery you had... :o)

Days and colors said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend to me! Eating, laughing, stitching, it so good to have friends!

Sarah said...

OH what fun! SO is this the next big quilt to be?

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathie, I love times like the weekend you just had. DH is a shift worker and we tend to miss alot of social functions.Love the little stitcheries. Regards Lyn

Hanne said...

Cute stitchery :-) Which also reminds me I have this quilt on my want-to-do-before-long list hehehe

SewAmy said...

I love these , Where did you get the pattern?

em's scrapbag said...

The beach is my favorite place in the whole wide world. I'm envious. The stitcheries are great. How appropriate.

Fer said...

Niiiice...

Is this your reward for babysitting the nieces? ;)

RG said...

Hi Cathy,
Lovely beach and lovely stitching.
Sounds like a fun weekend. Glad you enjoyed it!
BTW thanks for kind your comment on my quilt :o)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a Great Night had by All..& to include some Stiching..Even better.!!
cheers
~maree~