Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thrown from the Nest!

This Saturday I'm having a stitching day, in fact I'm off to a Tassie Quilting Bloggers gathering at Ross. Ross is a lovely town located in the middle of Tasmania. We're meeting at the Ross Bakery in the Stables that are set up as a meeting room.
There's 13 bloggers coming along and a few non-bloggers. Some of us have met at other gatherings. In fact Jo, Sarah and I got together after the Campania Gathering and decided that a Tassie Gathering would be good, so the lovely Jo has been really busy and super organised and has planned a day of stitching, chatting, eating and sharing for us all! Thank you Jo!!
This has come at a really good time for me. Work is rather stressful as I have just been officially informed that I will be being transferred to a new school next year. I am really excited about going to a new school but after 13 years in the one place I am feeling just a wee bit nervous! (In the Tasmanian system you do not "belong" to one school you can be moved around every 6-10 years.)
My current school has been a big part of my families life. Both of my children have gone to Primary School there, my neice is in Kinder this year, and I have made many lasting friendships. A good metaphor for how I feel would be the little girl in the sandpit who has been told to go away by all her friends, and that they dont want to play with her anymore!!! Very melodramatic I know, but you know what I mean!!

On the stitching and blogging front...I am working hard on Miss Ruby's Christmas Book, but have nothing to share. Also sorry if I havent visited your blog recently, I can't seem to keep up with you all at the moment! Life is just too busy and ridiculous!!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Three more sleeps!

Christine said...

Hi Kathy. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone's blogs too.
I can understand how you must have mixed feelings about moving on. Shh! but I've been at my school even longer than you. Hope the last few weeks aren't too stressful.
Christine

Julie said...

I can imagine that you WOULD feel that way. Such a shame.
Well, enjoy your stitching day! I look forward to seeing pictures of my blog friends at the gathering!

Days and colors said...

Have a wonderful stitching day! Moving after so many years is not easy, but I hope it will turn out good. Think positively!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

You'll have a great time on Sat; I'll think of you when I'm at my quilt retreat this weekend :^)

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like a wonderful day with friends. Good luck with your move to the new school. You'll do great! And make so many new friends.

Jo in TAS said...

We'll help you forget about your worries for one day at least! See you Saturday

Lynda said...

Hope you girls have a great day.

Anonymous said...

life is crazy it seems everywhere at the moment!! have a fantastic day saturday... enjoy!! Lx

Anonymous said...

P.S: I honestly believe (with all my being) that everything in life happens for a reason... there are no coincidences... sad as you may feel to move on... go for it and flow with the adventure. Lx

Fer said...

You sew girl!

Have fun at Ross. :)

Fiona said...

Oh I will still play with you. I don't think your neice is going to be very happy when she realises that Aunty Taffy is not going to be at her school anymore.
I understand how scary it would be but I know you will be fine.xxxxx

Jo said...

Hi Kathy, Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Saturday. We were in Tasmania about 4 years ago and Ross was one of our favourite places and we had lunch at the bakery.It would be a bit daunting having to change schools after all those years, but what a great way to meet lots of new friends.I know what your saying too about keeping up with visiting blogs I just dont find the time at the moment either,with work,chrissy stuff,birthdays etc. oh well maybe in the new year.
Look forward to seeing photos of your stitching day, have fun.