Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Craft Part 2

Here is a few more of my Christmas Goodies!!
In my former life I was an avid Cross Stitcher! I love Shepherd's Bush Patterns and have made many. Here are a couple of Christmas ones.


Every member of my family, plus many of my extended family members have one of these Christmas Stockings. They use big count linen and 4 strands of thread so are fun to stitch and grow really quickly!


I made this Christmas Sampler Quilt at the Quilt Patch with Fran many years ago. It was good fun to make and it taught me many different techniques!!


A Christmas Table Runner.


This small Angel Quilt is a Debbie Mumm pattern.

Happy Christmas Stitching!
Cathyx

21 comments:

Sarah said...

Cathy I cannot believe all those sheperd bush stockings!!!! I have a pattern here but have avoided it as I am concerned it will take WAY to long. Ummm maybe it is a possibility for next Christmas now?

Jo said...

Hi Cathy,
I love Shephards bush patterns, my MIL has done a few of them.Your crossstitch and stockings are lovely, lucky recipients.I also have the pattern for the Debbie Mumm angel quilt but havent done it yet.Just another one of those patterns I havent got around to doing, but still hope to one day.

Christine said...

Lovely cross-stitch. I like the buttons on your sampler and your stockings are gorgeous. You must have a lot of Christmas quilts ... all very nice.
Christine

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Good Evening Catherine...those stockings...it's just great to see someone else's stockings... as I have just finished my 9th one...over 9 years!!! I have made all the ones you show...will be posting mine up around the end of the week. Beautiful work...

Isabella said...

Wow Cathy What can I say but WOW I used to love cross stitch but could not see well enough now to do it . they are just great.

Rose Johnston said...

I love all of your Xmas decorations! I swore Id never do X-stitch again but those stockings are gorgeous!!

maria said...

I've never seen Shephards Bish patterns before, they look beautiful.
I've enjoyed seeing all your christmas goodies in this and the last post.
Maria

Days and colors said...

All of your Christmas decoration are so beautiful! The stockings are great! You did a wonderful job!

em's scrapbag said...

I used to do a lot of cross stitch before I fell in love with quilting. Your work is lovely. What fun Christmas things you have.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, love all your Christmas quilts and stockings.I used to cross stitch...Wonderful time of year hmmmm. Regards Lyn

Fer said...

Show off!! ;)

The stockings are gorgeous but. I'm very envious of all your Christmas goodness. :o)

Julie said...

EVERYTHING is beautiful!! Don't you just love Christmas stuff?

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Those stockings are beautiful. and the Christmas quilted things. I do love them too.

Deb said...

Cathy, your Shepherds Bush cross stitchings are amazing. I have a lot of their patterns also but they have been popped over one side since I have been quilting like you.
All of your other projects are fantastic also.
Well done !

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Beautiful, beautiful work!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Another Shepherd Bush fan? Kewl!
Every now and then I dig out my SB cross-stitch and work on them. Thoroughly enjoyed all your pics!

Annette said...

Such beautiful decorations. Thanks for sharing. I used to do a lot of cross-stitching too. But it has been set aside for now in favor of other things.

Unknown said...

Your Cross stitch items are just Beautiful...Love X-Stitch..
cheers

RG said...

Gorgeous work Cathy! Wow :o)
I used to cross stitch too, but it started making me...cross...lol...so I needed to quilt (obviously) instead...lol

Thanks for popping and commenting on the houses...they are so fun!!!
Enjoy them :o)
Robyn xx

Sarah said...

Lovely Xmas things - I have made that Debbie Mumm table runner
x sarah

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

Mama from http://www.sirpriz.com
from France

Make friends and send and receive some gifts around the world