Friday, December 26, 2008

Secret Santa Swap

I have unwrapped my SSCS organised by Chookyblue. My swap partner was Nancy from Patchwork Penguin in the US. Thank you Nancy for all the terrific goodies. I particularly like my new school bag....very appropriate!! I also recieved wool, 4 Christmas mug coasters, 3 patterns, 4 gorgeous fat quarters and 2 spools of thread!! I have been very lucky!

Below is the "Roses Tree" my daughter Alex made as the centre piece for the Christmas table. This is becoming a tradition in our house, every year Alex likes to decorate the table! The Roses Tree was a real hit with everyone, particularly my nephews! It is amazing how 4 teenagers can devour 2kgs of chocolates in one afternoon as well as eat a 4 course traditional Christmas lunch. Amazing!

11 comments:

Pauline said...

that tree looks wonderful!!! Well done to your daughter!! I love it! I want it!! Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Isabella said...

You have been very spoilt, I just found the pattern for those coasters on the web today LOL
2 pages done on Santa book.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I just love your school bag; very cute! Looks like you got spoiled by Nancy you lucky duck!

Julie said...

Very pretty tree. Your SSCS gifts are adorable.

Chookyblue...... said...

A lovely bag from Nancy.........and al the other goodies she sent you........and love the chocolate tree.......

Nancy said...

So glad you are enjoying your gifts. Happy Christmas!!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Great swap pressies!!
Well done Alex, andother culinary masterpiece with the added bonus of not much cooking!! Merry Christmas!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cathy love your lolly tree and nice treats from your SSCS partner.
Happy New Year to you and your family.

Sarah said...

You lucky gal!! Those gifts are just great!!
x sarah
PS: Alex did a great job on the tree - no wonder it was a hit

Annie said...

I DO love the look of that tree!! Weren't we lucky with our SSanta's. It was a fun thing to be in and lovely to have a bloggy christmas present on christmas morning. Loving my holiday so far. Enjoying every moment.

Julie said...

Oooo, nice bag of goodies. Love the Roses tree too. I've seen a similar thing done with a foam dome and after dinner mints with holly on top, it looks like a Christmas pudding. No doubt would be devoured just as quickly. Have a great 2009. Julie.