Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a lovely New Year's Eve last night. There is nothing crafty about this post but there are some photos of what happens when you add alcohol to a bunch of fun-loving, risk taking school teacher's.
Andrew and I went to a James Bond/ 40th/New Year's Eve/ cocktail party at a friends' house. We dressed up and went as Odd Job and Mini-Me Odd Job! (My girls were very cruel and said we looked more like Laurel and Hardy...)

The birthday girl...Andrea, with Alison (Odd Job) and myself (with Odd Job make-up removed)

Couple of the girls enjoying a Strawberry Dacquari!


What James Bond party would be complete without the gambling!!


And of course the dreaded Singstar always rears its ugly head! Pussy Galore, Domino, Andrea and Karen enjoying singing along to Abba Singstar!!


Now that the festive season is over I plan to make my way back to the sewing room, so hopefully I will have some crafty things to share soon!

15 comments:

Leanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne said...

I buggared up my last post, lets try again. You and Andrew look so serious in that photo, glad you had a fun night.
Love Leanne

Roseanne said...

It look like you all had fun i sayed home on my own. My DH went to a party but left before the new year was in and come home and sat with me a few wines later. I had a very quiet new years eve. But a good one....
Razzy XXX

Isabella said...

Well yes cathy I have to say I can see laurel & Hardy there too lol.
Looks you all had a ball. I was the good girl I stayed home doing my stitching.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun.X Happy New Year Old girls. Love MExxxx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Looks like you had a great party...and dress up ones always seem to be the most fun...Have a very happy new year...and lots of stitching!!! Looking forward to getting to know you through your blog...Dzintra

Anonymous said...

My, you DO only live twice!! You both look seriously scary!!! Happy New Year, it looks like a very fun party!!!

Christine said...

Happy New Year. Looks like you had a fun time.
Christine

Julie said...

Wow, you had more fun than I did!

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

You looked cute I wouldn't say Laurel and Hardy.....Hope you can get some sewing down over the break before school resumes
Andrea

Unknown said...

I was going to say the same..how could you keep a straight face...you both looked Great.!! looked like a Fab Party...
cheers

Fee said...

Hi Catherine,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome on my blog. What a great idea for a party - You both look great - Looks like you had a great time.

Regards,

Fiona

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Looks like a great party! Love the outfits too! Did you drink Martinis that were "shaken, not stirred"? LOL

Days and colors said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2009, with lots of fun, creativity and many, many happy hours with your family and friends! Thanks for visiting me and for your kind comments!

Marita said...

You guys look great, what a fab party. I think I've watched nearly every James Bond movie, the guy (particularly Pierce) has style! Belated happy new year!