Sunday, January 4, 2009

Challenge for 2009

Life is starting to settle down at my house thank goodness. Christmas and New Year's Eve are over and packed away until December and I have almost finished cleaning and tidying each room from top to bottom. Soon I will be able to relax with either a good book or in my sewing room trying to finish off one of the many Wisp's I have.
I have signed up for May and Kris' challenge to complete 1 project a month. I figure if I can manage 1 project a month thats 12 projects in a year and that would be great!!
Below is "A bag of Dollies," a Rosalie Quinlan pattern that I made a while ago. I can't share what I am working on at the moment as they are gifts for a couple of you! Once I have completed these very late Christmas presents I am going to organise my 100th post give away so stay tuned!

Add VideoHappy Stitching, Cathy

30 comments:

Isabella said...

Oh Cathy they are just sooo cute I love them, also like your new photo.

Jo in TAS said...

I love Rosalie's dolls, they're cute. I'm almost at 100 posts too!!

Jo in TAS said...

That was my comment at No.2, I changed a setting and it changed my name...bizzaarre!

Fee said...

Cathy they are gorgeous - Are they cloves in their heads? I love the smell of cloves.

Jules said...

Happy new year Cathy. Well done for finishing the felt books. (I just read your older posts.....I a bit behind) The little dolls are so lovely too.

Jules

Vickie said...

wow Cathy,that bag of dollies is soo cute well done..I too am doing the challenge,hope to get lots done
cheers Vickie

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Very sweet little dollies!!!

May Britt said...

Those dolls are so cute.
Good luck on your WISPing

em's scrapbag said...

Oh my the dollies are so cute.

Julie said...

Such cute little dollies!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the dollies........

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I've never seen a bag full of dolls like that before; can I play with them please? LOL

Seriously, they are too cute for words.

Pauline said...

Happy New Year to you too Cathy,
love the dollies, how cute are they? Looks like you had some fun over the break? lol..

Julia said...

Cathy,that bag of dollies is soo cute!
Are they for you or a special little girl..
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

Tell me you haven't thrust cloves into the heads of those dollies????!! Enjoy the new year!!!

Leanne said...

I am impressed ...we are very similar in our tastes...I have only made one of those little dolls and I gave it away.....I did mean to make another one you have inspired me.

Days and colors said...

They are so cute! And the bag, too, it is a lovely set! I'm still not sure if I should take part in the challenge...

Anonymous said...

You sounds like a lady who has gotten a lot done...we've got the decorations down...but I want to do some serious cleaning out of the cupboards...things just get shoved in for 12 months and then we wonder why nothing else fits in! :o)

Annie said...

Very cute dollies.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute, my little grand daughter would love those.

cheers
Christine

Lurline said...

I can't believe those dollies! I am a real Dolly Girl and just love them!
Hugs - Lurline♥

psp fans blog said...

They are SOOOOO georgeous Cathy!

Shirley said...

Do you live in Launceston Cornwall? That's my ancestral home. Actually the house I know of is in Week St. Mary but they lived/and died, in Launceston as well.

I also know Wendy of Polka Dot Girls. We work together for the same quilt shop here in British Columbia. Small world.

I have my blog elsewhere http://www.myquiltblog.com/shirleymac/ but found yours through the one project a month challenge.

RG said...

Hi Cathy...thanks for popping by and it's nice to see your face :D
Yes i think the Challenge will be good for lots of us...a productive year...Hooray!
Your James Bond Party sounds like fun!!
Happy Sewing...can't wait to see what beautiful creations you are making!!
hugs
Robyn xx

chook said...

I just love you bag of dolls
hugs Beth

hetty said...

Your dollies are too cute!

Karen said...

Oh, the bag of dollies is as cute as can be!

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Love the bag of dollies.They are just the bees knees.....
Andrea

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhhh...love them...they are so cute....:o)
I am so happy to be online again... and to see what you all are up too!!!
Take care...

Anonymous said...

HELLO,

DIT IST LOVELY.

GREATINGS SYDNEY