Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wicked was Wicked

Yesterday Georgia and I went off to Melbourne for the day. George had asked for a ticket to go and see Wicked for Christmas. It was a hard job but I just had to take her!
We had a lovely day. Arrived in Melbourne at 8, had breakfast at The Pancake Parlour and then wandered around the Mall until 12:30. We made a couple of good purchases as most of the stores were still having their after Christmas sales. The one thing I find disappointing about Melbourne is that there are no Patchwork shops that you can visit if you go for a day trip!

Wicked was very good and well worth a trip to Melbourne to see it. My friends' son is in the Ensemble so it was nice to see a Tasmanian in the cast!
After Wicked we walked down to Spencer Street DFO. Georgia spent time in her favourite shop...The Smiggle Shop. After checking out the other shops we sat and had a rest, and as you can see the early start and busy day caught up with Miss George.
It was a lovely day, but we were both happy to fall into our own beds a little after 11 0'clock!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two had a fantastic day by all accounts. It appears that to quilt shop in Victoria one has to take a designated tour, that has its downside when we nip over from Tassie for just a few hours. Debs.

Leanne said...

Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm glad Georgia had a great day.
See George you worry about nothing.

Love Leanne xx

Sarah said...

Poor Georgia!! Maybe you could take *me* instead LOL
Great to hear you both had a great time
x sarah

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Wicked is an awesome musical; saw it in London UK in July/07. Glad you had a great day with your DD, those are the things she'll always remember

Simone de Klerk said...

Ah, I remember going to this musical in London with my teenage daughter and two sisters two years ago. We really enjoyed it! During our stay there we also went to Mam Mia. That is definitely my favorite!

Leanne said...

Looks like a fun day...Lucas and I want to see Billy Elliot I just have to d something about it.