Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dear Jane Cross Stitch

Oh Dear Jane, I just couldn't help myself.
I fell in love with this Cross Stitch a few weeks ago while wandering around Blogland. (I'm sorry I cant remember whose blog it was on at the moment but I'm sure it will come to me)
One day I hope to make a Dear Jane Quilt of my own, but until then I am happy to settle for the Cross Stitch version. I havent actually worked with Cross Stitch for many years now but I am looking forward to working this. I thought it might be a nice project to work on this year in the evenings when I get home from work. My aim is to work a little block a week....

Happy Stitching,
Cathy

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! So cute. And a good plan to do one block a week. I think I need to go and find this pattern! I think 123 Stitch carries it. Thanks for the reminder!

Daisy Jayne said...

Wow .....love it, I think I have to go out and do some detective work and a pattern.

Christine said...

This will be lovely ... good idea to do one block a week.
Christine

Fiona said...

You mean you bought ANOTHER project!!!!!!!!!!

RG said...

Oh wow Cathy, this is lovely.
I hope to make my own DJ one day too, but not this year...lol
What a lovely idea and you can still enjoy looking at her beautiful amazing quilt. Have fun.
hugs
Robyn xx

Lynda said...

Very achievable Cathy - the design is lovely. I'll keep looking at my book and fabrics for another while (read year or two or three).

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a terrific project! I have admired the Dear Jane Quilt for a while now but this loks more achievable!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Catherine

I have started it myself, it is wonderful must do some stitching on it.

cheers
Christine

Lurline said...

Oh, Cathy, you are so keen, I am sure you will do a block a week! Happy stitching! Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

What a lovely stitchery and a great idea. I started Dear Jane over a year ago and haven't made much progress, and now I'm having second thoughts about proceding with it. Perhaps I could do this cross stitch instead. Certainly it's something I am going to consider. Thank you for posting about it.

annemariesquilt said...

Crosstich Dear Jane how wonderful... Good luck an I am looking forward to see the progress!!

Stina Blomgren said...

This Dear Jane I could do...:o)
Have to be on the lookout too...:o)
Clever you...

Annie said...

I saw it too, and was very tempted. I'm looking forward to following your progress. I'm supposed to be doing the sewing one!!!

Unknown said...

This is Gorgeous ..my sewing friend Maggie is doing this and it really comes alive with threads...Enjoy.
cheers

Julia said...

I was very tempted by this one too .... and am still thinking about it. I've got twitchy fingers just itching to press the 'buy' button!!!!!!

Fer said...

Ooo very nice!! :o)

Julie said...

I neeeed you to remember where you found that gorgeous cross stitch pattern......I neeeed it! I neeeeeed it!

Simone de Klerk said...

This is very cute, Catherine! I have the book DJ, have had it for years. I only look inside it every now and then and enjoy the patterns and colors. How big is the stitchery and how big are the blocks? Look forward to your first block!

Days and colors said...

It is so pretty! And one block a week sounds good! I would love to start a project like this in the near future!

annemariesquilt said...

I have left you an award on my blogg...
Take care !

Leanne said...

Oh a cross stitch would have to be easier that the quilt. A DJ quilt is one project I will never be tempted to start.

Anonymous said...

I can understand you wanting to grab this - it is oh so very cute! and a great replacement to undertaking an actual DJ quilt! From the clingy Mummy who is trying to be strong =[