Monday, January 26, 2009

Dear Jane progress

Thank you to Anne marie for the Kreative Award, you are very kind!
I must apologise to all those people whose blog I usually visit...I am finding life very busy this week and I know next week will be just as hectic, but stick with me, I will return to full voice. The holidays are coming to an end and I am in over-drive trying to visit with everyone and also finish off my huge list of holiday jobs. Having said that I am off to the beach tomorrow for 5 nights, so the list may stay incomplete! I will have my trusty lap-top with me at the beach but I dont know how well it will perform so blogging might be a bit tricky!
On a crafty note. We went and stayed with friends on Saturday night and while the hubbies were off golfing on Sunday Meredith and I did a power of stitching. I of course worked on my Dear Jane Cross Stitch. It was lovely doing Cross Stitch again. I dont think I have done any for at least 5 years and I had forgotten how relaxing it is!! Dear Jane grew quickly and it is nice to do as each little block is quick and feels like a new project....

Happy Stitching
Cathy

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to know where you purchased
the x-stitch Dear Jane, I think that would be as close as I get to
Dear Jane....it looks interesting
good for winter months in Melbourne.
Good luck with it.
Lesley

Isabella said...

Thats what I used to love about cross stitch watching the picture appear, I hope you have a great time away Cathy and come back feeling refreshed.
Hugs

Unknown said...

OH.! your X-Stitch is looking Lovely...hope you Enjoy your time away...
cheers

maria clara said...

cathy este va a ser un hermoso trabajos ! saludos !

Quilter Going Bananas said...

A good start to you Dear Jane Cross Stitch; it looks terrific!

Marisa Marzocchi Tomazzeto said...

parabens...esta maravilhoso
Marisa

Simone de Klerk said...

This looks very pretty!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh...it is wonderful... :o) and manageable...;o)

Julia said...

Your X-Stitch is looking Lovely...
I'm doing one too, it does take a lot of concentration though..
Julia ♥

Sarah said...

Oh wow that is looking beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the beach and the battery recharge before term begins. I love to cross stitch in the summer - easier to see! Your xs is a beauty. Debs.

Fer said...

*sigh* so pretty!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Enjoy your holiday! Your Dear Jane is so beautiful!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Cross-stitch is lovely to do...enjoy your time away before the onslaught of school...

Days and colors said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach! I love your Dear Jane, it is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh the cross stitch looks so pretty. Enjoy the rest of your holidays: holiday hard!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, I wish my Dear Jane Quilt was as speedy as your cross stitch LOL...... Warm Regards Lyn

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Have a great start to the year at school. Your Dear Jane block is coming along nicely.

Myra said...

Hi Catherine!
I know I have popped into your blog before, but don't recall if I left a message...
Thanks for tagging along on my blog as a follower. I love visiting new blogs through there! 8-)
Your Dear Jane cross stitch is off to a good start! 8-)
Hope you are enjoying the beach! Wish I could walk along a beach now... nothing but snow here!
Happy stitchings!

Leanne said...

Life sometimes gets in the way but that's life. The cross stitch is growing.

Julia said...

It's looking lovely already Cathy:0)

Julie said...

Dear Jane is looking great!

Bec said...

This is absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous find the pattern was! Looking forward to seeing updates on your progress. Bec xxx