After reading how Christine from Auntie's Quaint Quilts was donating a Quilt top to the Bushfire appeal I also felt motivated to help. I remembered this particular quilt top was in the cupboard and thought that it was probably very suited to the situation. So on Saturday when I visit Karen from Mrs Martin's Quilt Shop at the AQC, I will pass this top over to her so that it can be quilted and passed on to someone who will benefit from and enjoy it! I am absolutley amazed at the way people have got behind and supported the thousands of victims from the Victorian Bushfires....it truly is good to be Australian!!
16 comments:
A beautitful quilt Catherine - yes, I am proud too.
A beautitful quilt, it will be loved Catherine ...and very generous of you to donate it...
Julia ♥
Someone is going to be very very lucky. I hope they treasure it.
cATHERINE THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL QUILT AND ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL GESTURE. iT WILL BE WELL AND TRULY APPRECIATED i AM SURE.
Really nice quilt Catherine good on you for donating it, I have one too to send away,
Wow!! Nice quilt top... Too nice to be stored in a cupboard!! Lx
That is so kind of you. What a lovely quilt top, such a generous gift :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Cathy, that is one sweet quilt - it just oozes "home", just what these fire victims need wrapped around them.
What a lovely quilt! And what a great gesture! Someone will definitely be happy with it (O:
What a beautiful quilt Cathy! This great gesture will bring someone comfort, it will be treasured.
Such a stunning quilt top, you are very talented! Enjoy your trip to Melbourne and make sure you give a full report on your return!
What a lovely quilt top Cathy!! It is going to a great cause! I have some stuff to send off myself - I will have to get on to that and post a pic of what I am sending off!
x Sarah
that's such a lovely quilt catherine, how nice of you to donate it! i'm sure it's going to brighten some poor soul's life and as you say-it seems very fitting...houses, trees etc.
julie :)
Your quilt is lovely and is sure to bring comfort to someone.
Oh wow, Cathy that's so wonderful!!!
I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.
The quilt was even nicer in real life. Thanks for showing me. Someone is going to love it.
Post a Comment