This quilt is an example of taking your obsession to work with you!
Last week I had all the children in my class design a panel about themselves using Fabric Crayons, I then took the panels home and made them into a Class Quilt. The quilt is currently hanging on a display board in my classroom. We will hold a "Names in the Hat" at the end of the year and the lucky winner will be able to take the Class Quilt home with them. They are all keen to win.
22 comments:
Love the bag hope she is proud of herself looks great. Wish my teacher was half like that/you :-)
Oh Cathy, you should enter that quilt in the local show(you do have one down there eh?Kids would get a buzz outta that..
Oh Georgia your bag is gorgeous well done indeed...
cheers Vickie
Georgia's bag is adorable .. hope to see more of her sewing. Swell was a great choice.
Hope the kids are proud of their quilt .. it looks fab. I've thought of doing this but never got around to it yet. You may have inspired me.
Not many sleeps now!
Christine
Congrats to your DD for making that cute bag! The class quilt project is wonderful...
Love the Quilt from the Kids...looks Great...Lovely bag Georgia should be Proud.!!
cheers
Your class must be thrilled with the outcome of their blocks! What a fabulous idea you had!
Love the bag - Georgia's done lovely work!
Great work Georgia and so good to now have a designated dance bag.
The class quilt is special.
Go Georgia!!
The classroom quilt is great. Nice to see the kids taking pride in what they do. :o)
What a great idea for your class to make blocks for a quilt and even more wonderful for the person who wins it.
Love Georgia's bag, very pretty fabrics
the bag is simply divine.. and the quilt is such a treasure!! thanks for sharing,Amy
OH I LOVE THAT bag... you dont need it! send it to me - the colours are georgeous.
That quilt idea is fantastic. I am thinking - if I can copy I might suggest this to the teacher and do the same... Did you use calico or home spun for the blocks???
cathy what a great idea with the quilt. I would like to do that with my grandson class.Georgia`s bag is so nice. Good on her for making her self a bag.
Your class project turned out very well! I am sure the children will envy the winner...
Your daughter's bag is wonderful, and a good use planned for it! 8-)
Your Nice People Nice Things quilt is awesome! Good for you! That is a wonderful finish to feel happy with, and it being done!
Happy stitchings!
Lovely bag Georgia and very cute class quilt that is such a great idea I must show my niece who is a teacher. The only problem with that is I will have to sew the quilt LOL.
What a wonderful idea Cathy. I'm sure this classroom quilt will be long treasured.
Well Done George, the bag looks great. Bet the kids at school are not used to someone putting so much into them , you really are a great teacher. XX
P.s I miss you
What a wondeful idea for the childrento make, its great to see and your daughters bag is just lovely.
Congrats
Helen
Great idea for a class quilt. Congratulations to Georgie fantastic bag.....!
I meant to type Georgia, but put my dog's name in instead, I apologize! The bag is still gorgeous!!
Georgia has done a brilliant job of her bag.
What a great idea for an Art activity. Looks great. Your daughter haas done a stirling job on the bag. Andrea
Love the quilt you made with your class! I remember I did that when my kids were at lower school. They enjoyed doing that very much.
Post a Comment