I have started playing around with Leanne Beasley's Butterfly Garden Pattern. I am making it for my older niece who is in need of a grown up girls quilt on her bed. I made her "Matilda's Station" when she was about 4 so I think it is time she had a girlie quilt.
As I want to make it bed-quilt size and Eliza's favourite colour is purple I have decided to make the background bordered squares pastel and then applique purple hearts and butterflies all over it. I may also applique pastel daisies as well?? I am going to leave out the stitcheries this time around.
The butterflies and hearts are only sitting there at the moment...when I have a few more squares completed I will start placing and stitching.
26 comments:
Like the mobile butterflies. They appear to be flying around the flower garden.
Lookin good Cathy!! Lx
This is going to be one gorgeous quilt!
Your quilt is going to be so beautiful - the colours are very pretty.
Love it!
OK, you have just convinced me that I need this pattern. Beautiful job!
Absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! The colors are very happy;)
It's going to be a very pretty quilt - perfectly girlie!!
Soft & pretty would be a good description of the quilt blocks you have pieced. Very girlie!
This Is GORGEOUS I love it.
Hugs Mary.
This quilt is going to be wonderful. Love all the fabrics you are using... Very nice! 8-)
Love it Cathi.....the purple and soft colours look so good...
Pretty quilt and little girls love purple.She is going to love you even more!
Hello Cathy, love what you have done with the Butterfly Garden...the colours are gorgeous...interested to see the finished quilt....Warm Regards Lyn
So Love the Fabrics you are using here...Very Pretty & Girlie...
cheers
The purple butterflies really fly off the quilt blocks - love it!!
Lovely, and how happy your niece will be once it is finished!
SO pretty Cathy! I never thought to whip it up without the stitcheries..... It will look so nice in the colours you chose! I was thinking of making that for a wedding gift - thought the wedding was going to be a year or two off, so thought I had heaps of time, but the date is set for just over 4 months!! So, I have picked another pattern!
x Sarah
That is beautiful , lovely colours.
Great idea to make one without the stitcheries, and faster too! LOL
Lucky duck that niece of yours :^)
Beautiful work Cathy, your niece is such a lucky girl!
A very very pretty quilt. I am amazed.....nahhhhh ... blown away by the amount of quilts and projects started/finished/on-going. Its so gorgeous to see Issi with needle and thread in hand!
That is going to look so pretty when it is finished great work so far.
This is going to be beautiful! I love the way those little butterflies seem to be fluttering around on your quilt!
Looks like you had a wonderful time, are you a leftie?
Gorgeous! Love the purple butterflies! Bec xxx
Post a Comment