Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend!

How did you spend your Easter weekend?
I shared my time between eating chocolate, reading the latest Jodi Picoult book, having Nanna Naps and finishing a quilt top!!

And would you believe.....
My Journey of a Quilter top is complete!!

I am having a lovely time playing in the sewing room trying to complete a few Wispers. Miss Milly is always close at hand to give advise... She loves sleeping on my toes....which makes fast movements to the ironing board or using the machine foot pedal interesting! I think she felt a little neglected this morning, as you can see, she was desperate to get my attention!


My Chocolate addiction has been appeased, I really dont care if I don't see chocolate again for quite some time!! Hope you all had a lovely Easter Weekend with family and loved ones!!

29 comments:

Christine said...

The quilt top looks great .... Milly obviously thinks so too. Enjoy your week off .. I intend to.
Christine

Joy said...

Love the quilt ... I think I'd like to do that one someday too :o). Your pups is gorgeous too!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Vickie said...

wow your quilt looks great good job.so much work in that.I love seeing Milly in your pics she is so cute just like my OD-
Great to hear you enjoyed your easter weekend -mine wasn't so crash hot...it's on my blog...
cheers Vickie

Scottish Nanna said...

Love your quilt I dream of doing something like that I dont have the hang of quilting yet but I am determined to learn I have trouble cutting out But I will get it.Love Milly give her a big hug from me.
Hugs Mary.

Julie said...

Poor Milly! Quilt look fantastic!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

The quilt top is fantastic!! Well done, Cathy!
So, what did you think of the new book? I like her books but haven't read one in a while.
Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good break, stitching, reading, napping and most important of all catching up on chocolate.

May Britt said...

I had my share of chocolate too LOL
Your quilt top is lovely and I guess it feels so good to have it done.

2paw said...

Poor Milly, how dare you not pay 100% attention to Her instead of silly quilts and chocolate!!
Your quilt looks beautiful, especially with the white fluffy embellishment.

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is lovely!

Love the pic with Milly looking up at you :o)

Hanne said...

Your quilt top looks so great !! Congratulations on the finish.

I have had my fill of chocolate for a while too :-)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Milly is such a cutie pie? How could you resist that face??? The quilt looks fantastic! Good job!

Fer said...

Sounds like it was just what was needed!

Milly cracked me up in that second photo!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your quilt top looks fabulous! Jodi Picoult is one of my favourite authrs - I am looking forward to reading her latest - looks like a gripping story line that raises lots of ethical questions.

Unknown said...

What a Lovely Companion you have in Miss Milly..she is just Too Cute...Your Journey Quilt looks Wonderful..congrats on the finish & Glad you had a Relaxing Easter...
cheers

Jan Gartlan said...

The quilt top is gorgeous. The same goes for Miss Milly.

Chocolate Cat said...

I read this book last weekend and loved it, couldn't put it down! What did you think of it??

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Cathy! I will start to cut my fabric for mine tomorrow! Tough mine will take MUCH longer than yours to get to this stage.

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Milly looks cute and such a help when quilting. Your project is lovely, One can never have too much chocolate...LOl Have a great last week of the Hols.
Andrea

Days and colors said...

Your quilt top looks so lovely! The colors are beautiful! We also had a great time during Easter, such a nice weather!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the quilt top being finished. I'm still making mine and it's taking much longer than I first planned but it will get finished eventually. Your doggie looks like our Maltese that we had in the past.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Why is it when we lay our quilts out our babies must lay on them, Cathy your quilt is just gorgeous...

Renee said...

your quilt top is gorgeous! And so is Miss Milly :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I love this quilt...thanks for showing us...And I still love chocolate!!! ♥x

Simone de Klerk said...

Your quilt top looks great! I've started reading my first Jodi Picoult book: My Sister's Keeper, which my sister recommended.

Myra said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend...

The quilt looks great!

Tell Millie that my fur-girls know the feeling too... 8-)

Bec said...

A big journey to complete! Well Done! Will you quilt it yourself?

Roseanne said...

your journey of a quilter look lovely .I started journey of a quilter a long time ago and i have still only done two blocks. So you have done a good job with yours...

Anonymous said...

Miss Milly really does look like a version of Molly doesn't she? Hope you had a great break over Easter.. and yeah... I know what you mean about chocolate!! Lx