Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thimble Exchange

I have been amazed at the number of people who have responded to my Thimble Exchange. I am pleased to say, I am definitely not the only Craft-o-holic out there...there are lots of you. I have received so many thimbles, cards, letters and lovely gift....it has been a real surprise.
The generous and lovely ladies that have helped fuel my addiction are Karmen, Candace, Mary, Oddbjorg, Anne Marie, Isabella,Lena Karen, Lyn and Debbie. Thank you so much for taking part in my Thimble Exchange ladies.
If you have not received a return thimble from Tasmania as yet you soon will.

And can I also say a great big thank you to Karin (no blog) who sent me the Tilda book...it is such a lovely book...Thank you Karin!!!

My Printer Box with all its new thimbles.

19 comments:

Isabella said...

Your collection is looking good cathy Just think next year one from Scotland :):)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I'm so pleased you've been able to start that collection! I've looked all over Charters Towers and found not a single thimble...quite sad.If I ever go somewhere though, I'll be sure and keep my eyes peeled for you! :-)

Karen said...

What a lovely trade you have made. And looking good in your printer's drawer. You will have it filled soon.

Micki said...

What lovely thimbles you received! If you want one from Ireland, please email me your address, and I will send one, as I would love to get one from you.
Micki

annemariesquilt said...

This looks lovely, I cannot wait for mine to arrive..

Jo in TAS said...

Won't be long and that box will be full!

Fer said...

Isn't that great! It's a real keepsake. :)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where to find these thimbles. I would love to be in a thimble swap but haven't been able to find where to buy them. Any ideas?

Fee said...

Wow !!!! I am still on the look out for you. The tilda book is fantastic.

Myra said...

Yukes! The thimble!!! With the planning and such of my parent's 50th I completely forgot!!! I'm sorry Catherine! I shall get on it next week!!!!
Issi's got a lovely quilt from her auntie, and a wonderful stitching bag! Lucky her to have such a sweet aunt! 8-)
What a beautiful quilt you ladies put together for your friend Mandy...
Happy stitchings and have a great weekend!

Roseanne said...

Your collection thimbles look lovely.

Oddbjørg said...

Your collection looks great.
Have a nice weekend!

Jo said...

Your thimbles look great in the printer box Cathy what a great idea having a swap to help fill it up.

Ada said...

Hi! I,m not a collecter but I have a friend that collect it (I´m a bookmark collerter). If you don´t have any thimble from Valencia (Spain) I´ll very happy to send you one as I would love to get one from you. Send an email with your adress or a comment in my blog.
Kisses fron Spain.

Agnieszka said...

Hello, I would like to invite you to blog of My Thimble Collection at http://mythimblecollection.blogspot.com/ Greetings from Poland.

Sam said...

Hi! I collect thimbles and I am a quilter. I googled thimble exchange and found you. Do you want to exchange a thimble with me? I live in Florida, USA.

My name is Symantha and my e-mail is much2bthanfkul4@bellsouth.net.
just put thimble exchange in the ref. Tell me what kind you like.

Bibilo said...

Hello my name is Sylvie

I live in Lisbon and would be interested in making exchange of thimbles. If you want some thimble Lisbon or Portugal I can send without any problem. (http://passatempo-dedais.blogspot.com/)

Sincerely,

Sylvie

Lily said...

Very nice collection. It is good to have empty spots to add new ones!

Vivianne said...

Very nice collection.