I have decided to take a leaf out of my friend Julie's book and start doing a weekly post. The plan is to post each Sunday afternoon and report on the week that was....
Alex (DD1) and I have been working on a very special quilt for Alex's friend Emily. The quilt has been a family effort. Alex designed the stitcheries and worked them with a little help from Georgia. (DD2) Alex and I then spent last Saturday laying out and stitching the top together. Leanne from Esme's then beautifully quilted the top and finally I am in the process of attaching the binding. Emily's 18th is on Thursday and Alex is hoping to present her with an original Twilight Quilt at school! The quilt was inspired by the girl's favourite books at the moment...The Twilight Series....
I have also rediscovered my love for Cross Stitch. My original craft obsession was making Cross Stitch Samplers. This sampler was a mystery sampler that I started about 5 years ago. I dont think I will ever frame it but I am really enjoying working on all of the little pictures....
Finally the postman was very generous this week. I recieved 2 thimble parcels. One from Mary in New Jersey, and the other from Christine in Queensland. Christine very kindly donated several thimbles to my collection all wrapped up in a lovely fat quarter of fabric.
The other parcel that arrived was my finishing kit from The Quilted Crow for my Quilt Aid quilt. This is a lovely quilt for a tremendous cause, check the Quilt Aid Website if you are interested in finding out all about it!!
Well that was my week. I actually achieved quite a bit. Enjoy your week and I hope you have lots of time for Stitching!!
22 comments:
Wow you lucky girl :-) your thimble box will soon fill up at this rate. LOVE the quilt you have two very clever girls there.
Your very welcome.
cheers
christine
Weekly blog posts, great idea! The internet is a stitching-time stealer! What would you do with your cross stitch if you don't frame it? It is so beautiful! You must absolutely display it.
I had emailed you about the thimble exchange but when you emailed me back it went into spam and I didn't find it for weeks. Then I was waiting to reply b/c I couldn't (and still haven't)found NJ thimbles. I see you have one from NJ now but I did get one from Canada while on vacation if you would like that one.
I love Alex's quilt, she has inherited her mother's talent!! You are so lucky to get nmore thimbles!!!!!!
What a wonderful week you have had...and I too love cross stitch but haven't done any for a while...well not since my last Shepherd's Bush Christmas stocking last year...Have a great week♥x
What a sensational present!
The black and white quilt is a simple design but very striking. I think black and white with many fabrics is always a good choice.
You certainly got a nice lot of thimbles to add to your collection. It sounds like you had a productive week and some nice treats in your mail box.
The quilt look lovely and a family project that you all had a hand in. I just love your thimbles you lucky thing.
Up to date with the blocks..sounds wonderful... I havent even started..how about that.. blah!!!! I know.. Im lazy...;o) Ohh.. Love your new cross stitch.. it looks wonferful... and a mystery... exciting!!! :o)
Wow, you got a lot done this week!!! I really love your "Twilight" quilt ... I'm sure Alex's friehnde Emily will love it!!! My girls are both into the Twilight series of books too :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Need to see a couple of close ups of the Twilight stitcheries!
I got the QC finishing kit too, one of my blocks is lost in the post gggrrrr, it's the only way that extra was paid to guarantee it's delivery!!
That's a great quilt Cathy, it must've been lovely to share the creation of it with the girls.
The cross stitch is wonderful. Samplers have always been my favourite.
I'd say you've had a pretty good week! Nothing beats getting mail goodies and making tons of progress on a quilt :^)
Just popped in to say hello as I'm new to blogging, your profile made me smile, we sound very alike with all the projects we have going at once. Pop over and say hello.
Karen
Love the Twilight inspired quilt, I have some of those fabrics in my stash! Such talented daughters too!
You have forged ahead of me in the Tisket a Tasket blocks. Must get my act together.
I agree with the other comments your cross stitch just has to be displayed, it is beautiful.
You have achieved so much Cathy.... Love the sampler it is just gorgeous
What a Productive week you all have had...The Twilight Quilt is Fabulous..Well Done.!!
cheers
How interesting a Twilight Quilt my daughter is reading the books at the moment while on the train to work she says every second young person is also reading them.
Well you have been busy. I love the Twilight quilt! Well done Alex & you. Your xstitch is gorgeous - I think it should definately be framed when it is finished.
Your thimble collection is going really well, you'll have that box filled in no time. Emily's quilt looks great. Can't wait to hear about her reaction when she opens it,
A lovely post, so many things you've been working on! Your thimble collection is beautiful!
Post a Comment