Sunday, August 30, 2009

Very Wet Book Week

This week has been extremely wet, windy and cold in the north of Tasmania. I am really tired of the rain and feel extremely water logged and soggy!
On the stitching front, my sampler is progressing rapidly...I only have the middle section to go. There are 3 middles to choose from, a birth sampler, a wedding anniversary or an alphabet. I have chosen the alphabet pattern and it has a very sweet peacock in the design.

I have also been playing with these 2 Stitching Angel patterns this week. I have made them for a non-computer friend of mine so I know I am very safe in sharing them. I am really impressed with both patterns, they were fun and very easy to make. Thanks again to Helen for organising this swap. (NB these are NOT for my Stitching Angel partner!!)
This week at school we celebrated Children's Book Week. We all chose a book character and dressed up as them. Despite my charming daughter telling me I looked the same, I dressed as the old crone from Snow White. I was very realistic and I managed to scare a few of the Kinder children....it was lots of fun!!

Here is my class all dressed up as various book characters!!


Well that was my week!
We only have 5 more school days here in Tasmania....looking forward to 2 weeks of holidays!!

18 comments:

Vickie said...

well very clever girl I say..your sampler looks FAB and your stitchers angel projects are awesome..well done,cheers Vickie
P.S. please email me your snail mail addy I have a wee something to mail you...

Jo in TAS said...

Love the costumes, the sampler and your stitcher's angel projects!
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend Yiippee!!

2paw said...

Very lovely embroideries, just like the pictures of the originals.
You make an excellent witch!!! Hope you met the expected standards!!

Lynda said...

You look terrific in your costume. You are moving along with your cross stitch so quickly. And you finished off the other two project quick smart!

Fer said...

Your embroidery is gorgeous and the costume is very fetching!!

I'd have to make a wombat costume for Tamsyn, her favourite book is Diary of a Wombat. :)

Scottish Nanna said...

love your costume looks like you all had a good time.Like your sampler very pretty.
Hugs Mary.

Wendyb said...

Hi Catherine, wow!!! How do you finish your stitchers angels projects so quickly??? I too am a teacher, full time in North Qld and am nearly finished one!!!! You are my new inspiration!!! Enjoy your hol's...I can relate...ours aren't for another 3 weeks, but oh, what stitching I have planned!!!!!
Enjoy ;o) Wendy B

Julie said...

Hi Cathy, I'm very impressed that you made the effort to dress up along with your students! The sampler is looking fabulous, so delicate. You have done a lovely job on the gifts too.

Fee said...

Great class pic ....... See you on Saturday !

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love your sampler and hope some day I will attempt something like that!!

Micki said...

Your projects were lovely! The needcase is so pretty!
Micki

Myra said...

Hey there Catherine!!!

Your stitching piece is wonderful! Can't wait to see this peacock!!

Whew!!! I am glad I read about the book week dress up, cause I thought I missed Halloween!!! lol! Do you celebrate that your way? 8-)

A wonderful project that you and Alex have been working on! Love it!

Your Basket BOM blocks are lovely in the light colored fabrics you've been using...

Happy stitchings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,
I'm your secret Swappartner SSC09, I send you an email to ask you if your adress is correct. Please let me know. bye bye

annemariesquilt said...

I just have to tell you that my thimbel came today.. So lovely , thank you so much ;-))

^A^ngel said...

Lovely sampler...Your stitcher's angel proyects are also beautiful...and last but not least...AWESOME WITCH COSTUME!! I bet your class had a blast!!

Hugs,
^A^ngel

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cathy your sampler is just amazing so much work...your Stitchers Angel projects also look fantastic...and I just loved book week when my boys were at school...

Anonymous said...

just snooping to see what kind of things YOU might like. found lots of wonderful things on your blog! You've given me some good ideas!
your stitching angel!

Christine said...

You were quick with your Stitcher's Angel projects and they are gorgeous. (of course)
Love your sampler ... look forward to seeing the alphabet. (I love samplers with alphabets!)