I have had an extremely busy and tiring 3 weeks, however a few positive things have come from it. The first is that my back-yard is now under control. Andrew and I worked tirelessly to reclaimed the garden beds and found the plants in amongst the weeds!!
The other more exciting news is I have changed my work-load and I am now working .8 again. This means I now have Fridays off and only work an 8 day fortnight. Hopefully I will now have more time for me. I intend spending my Fridays catching up, hopefully going for a nice long walk in the mornings, spending more time in my sewing room, catching up with my badly neglected Blog friends and of course the mandatory cleaning and grocery shopping....
On the quilting front things have been a little quiet. I have managed a touch of shopping, just to keep me motivated....
Sachet Potpourri.
Elm Creek Manor books.
Curiosity has gotten the better of me and I have to find out what these stories are all about. I have read about 100 pages of The Quilter's Apprentice and am surprised to say I am really enjoying it. I thought it may have been a bit contrived and lame....but no it is proving to be a good read....
Cathyx
21 comments:
Hi cathy glad to see you back I am glad you will be getting some Me time I think we all need it.I love your material And your doll's Have A good weekend Hugs Mary.
We've got to have our ME time for maintaining good health! Love the dolls
The dolls are lovely. I've been reading the Elm Creek books since they were first published and thought, like you, they would be contrived etc but each one is enjoyable. Great idea having a day off each week.
o.8 is great. That is my usual fraction and I have fridays off as well. We might meet up in blogland !!!
Hi Cathy. I'm another .8er with Fridays off. Hope you're enjoying the day so far. The dolly you made is gorgous ... I love her redwork jacket. Love your new fabrics too ... they were even nicer in real life. Really enjoyed our get-together in the holidays. I'm officially booked in for Campania so will see you again then.
Christine
Glad you are feeling happier and you will love having your Fridays to yourself!!! Catch up with you soon!!!
Good on you Cathy. Its so important to have down time just for you. You will get hooked on those Elm Creek books, I know I did and they just lead onto more books like the Emilie Richards books.,enjoy....
A 'touch' of shopping? ;)
Well done for tackling the garden, it really does give one a happy glow of satisfaction.
I find my lift these days is timed between baby feeds and rain showers!
Hope to catch up soon.
Welcome Back! I have missed you! It must be wonderful to know you will get a day each week to do those 'must do' things along with the 'want to do' things! Congratulations!
Those fabrics look lovely. Enjoy your Fridays, and your books. Let us know if you enjoy them.
Except for Jennifer's last two books, I have read all of the Elm Creek books twice ... love them.
Enjoy your me time!
I also read all of Jennifer's books, so you will love them!
Micki
I have one more week and then I too will start working an 8 day fortnight.Can't wait for more me time like you.Enjoy the time,I know I will :) Barb.
Sounds like you have had a productive break - Enjoy your Friday's Cath
Good to see you back Cathy! I love the dolls and as for the Jennifer Chiaverini books, well they are a very good light read. I have read all but her newest released ones that are only available in hardcover. You have done so well with the thimbles. I have started trying to collect some and swap myself but I can't find any to swap from here. Alas,it seems that souvenier thimbles may be a thing of the past down my way. The local tourist centre here has not had any for years. If I find one I will gladly swap with you.
Enjoy your 'me' time...so very important!!! Excited so see you have those books...I recently purchased them both also...have finished The Quilters Apprentice and now into Round Robin...Happy reading♥x
Hello Cathy
Your dolls are very sweet, I'm glad you are enjoying those Elm Creek stories.I love them.
We must catch up soon,
I love The Elm Creek series.. long for the latest to come out..;o) Nice shopping ... loved the fabrics...:o)
And the dolls .. so sweet..:o)
Btw.. have talked about you this weekend...lol...
I was pleasantly surprised by the Elm creek quilt books too - hope you enjoy the rest of them!
Getting ready to send you stitching angel package off! Has been so much fun watching your blog and seeing all of the wonderful things you have been stitching. The package will be traveling over the seas so be patient! My identity and contact information will be included in your package! Happy Stitching!
your stitching angel!
Hi Cathy, you will enjoy the Elm Creek Novels....I throughly enjoyed them...Regards Lyn
Post a Comment