Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Stitching Angel

It has been more than a month since my last post. Very slack I know!!
I have been busy stitching during this time. I have almost completed 2 Christmas swap gifts, made 4 Quilt Aid blocks and stitched for my Stitching Angel partner.

Above are the gifts that I made for Jo. I thought it was very funny when I opened the email from Helen and it said that Jo was my partner. It was even more amusing because the weekend after that email I went to Hobart and stayed at Jo's house for 2 nights. I was so tempted to leave "Stitching Angel" messages around Jo's house but I thought that might have been a bit obvious...
Below are the first 4 Quilt Aid blocks I have been working on. I am enjoying working on these blocks so much. They are all different and the fabric Sachet Potpourri is just beautiful. Thankyou so much for this idea Helen....I cant help but think of those women in Africa everytime I work on a block ....

Block designed by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched.

Block designed by Liz Stanway of Teddlywinks.(slightly altered)

Block designed by Rosalie Quilan of Rosalie Quinlan Designs.

Block designed by Helen Stubbings of Hugs'n Kisses.

23 comments:

Scottish Nanna said...

I love them all Hope you are all well.
Hugs Mary.

Teresa said...

Your quilt aid blocks are lovely. The fabrics are so gorgeous. Love the Stitchers Angel pressies too.

Anonymous said...

Delightful stitchery.

Anonymous said...

You have been missed, but I love all the things you got done, wonderful.

Christine

Jo in TAS said...

I love the stintching angel goodies, they're so beautifully done!
You're making good prgress on your Quilt Aid Blocks, I've got 3 more to order but I'm only up to my third block. See you next weekend!

Myra said...

Lovely SA gifts for Jo... 8-)

Those QA-blocks are awesome! Beautifully done! 8-)

Happy stitchings!

Lynda said...

Your blocks look wonderful (the quilt kit is in the cupboard and on my "next year" list)and I love the colours you've used for your stitching angel presents.

Leanne said...

Your quilt aid blocks are beautiful Cathy.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you, your gifts are lovely...and your blocks Cathy, they are just so beautiful..

May Britt said...

How fun you must have had it making angel gifts for Jo LOL.
I guess she got a big laugh when she discovered it.
Love your blocks. Beutiful fabrics.

Unknown said...

Yes you sure have been busy ! All lovely .

Chookyblue...... said...

I can jsut imagine you scheming and dreaming of leaving secret messages all though her house...........lol

Rose Johnston said...

We have missed u!! How fun would it have been for Jo to find those clues!! Love those blocks!!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like the stitching angel package that I sent to you has arrived! It is making a long journey but it should be there any day now! I tried to do some things that would be very different from what you might do yourself! I hope you like them! Will be checking in with you and will reveal my identity when the package arrives! The pieces that you have made for your swap partner are wonderful!

Wendyb said...

Great to have you back but I can see why you've been gone....such beautiful work...and all for good reason!! Jo will get a lovely surprise!
sugary hugs
Wendy B 'o)

TMQG said...

what a perfect angel you are! I am sure she will love them - and I am guessing she already has them - see you on Saturday? H

Sarah said...

wow Cathy you have done a lot!!! Beautiful work!

Micki said...

Your angel project is wonderful and so are your blocks!
Micki

2paw said...

Glad you are well and stitching away. I parped my horn at Alex today at LC!!!

Stina Blomgren said...

LOL..but it would have been fun leaving all the notes..:o) Loved what you made for Jo.. she´s a lucky lady!!!
Gorgoeus blocks made... I especially love Annis block...:o)

Fer said...

Well at least you're being very productive during your non-blogging time!

Keep up the good work. :)

Julie said...

It's good to see what you've been working while away from the computer. The blocks are truly delightful, they are very tempting!

Bobbie said...

Your quilt aid blocks are beautiful!! For us here in the US, where can the blocks and kits be purchased? Bobbie