Thank you all for your advice, I went with the popular choice of red then blue, and I am so pleased with the finished project. Many times I finish a quilt and don't really like the end result, definitely not this one...I love the way it has turned out!
It is now eagerly waiting to be quilted. It should be completed by early next week!
Today the weather has been miserable which is just as well as I am convalescing and have been ordered to take it easy and remain on the couch.
I chose to work on this Natalie Bird stitchery while watching a couple of DVD's....
Marilyn and Mirror Mirror..... a lovely day in the end!!
But, of course, while sitting still my brain found it impossible to slow down. While Blog-surfing I think I have mentally planned at least another 20 quilts.....One such quilt is above, and I did sneak into the sewing room to sort fabrics...I just couldn't help myself!!
So TTS is my next new project...my goal, to have it together by the 25th of December.
9 comments:
Theres nothing like wet weather to get some stitching done. Love your quilt.... it looks fantastic.
Helen
Love your quilt, Cathy :) have done 4 of the TTS stitcheries, 4 more traced off ready to go. Hope you're feeling better now xx
Your GJ looks so good in reds and blues. Sounds like you had excellent recovery weather and made the most of it. Good luck with your TTS.
Hope you are feeling better, great chance to do some sewing though.
The quilt looks fantastic! Love the colours and mix. Good choice guys with the boarders : o )
the quilt looks great......you'll be done in no time........and I am sure once you start those TTS blocks you will be wanting to get the all done ASAP.........they are addictive........
How wonderful is your quilt! Your border fabrics are terrific.
How wonderful is your quilt! Your border fabrics are terrific.
I've been wanting to do that quilt too! I have the patterns but haven't even thought about fabric yet. Yours looks divine. Wishing you luck that you meet your deadline! :)
Post a Comment