I have been working on these Union Jack blocks over the last week. My aim was to make 20 blocks using this fabric. After much discussion and nagging of me by the girls I am now going to make 40 blocks so that both Alex and Georgia will eventually have their own London quilts. Alex and I ordered her fabric last week. She is having a more traditional navy, red and beige colour scheme.
Did you notice the tiny block?
I was going to make an Australian flag and just add it to the mix?? Georgia's not really keen though....
Traditional blue and red....
My favourite red and pink ...
Very little sewing here this weekend as Andrew and I went to Hobart for 3 nights with his brother, John and Leanne, and Karen and Alan, our in-law...
We had a lovely weekend. We went to Salamanca Market, went for a drive to Hastings Caves and the highlight was a fabulous meal at Vanidolls last night....Indonesia food, our favourite...
I did take my hexagon papers and stitched almost 200 hexi's while travelling....I'm now ready to begin my Vignette quilt...
And this was my interesting purchase. It created a few difficulties fitting it into the car, but he did it!!
They all laughed at my excitement over finding this beauty but I have plans for it...It will lean in my new sewing room and I can hang my favourite quilts on it...
They all laughed at my excitement over finding this beauty but I have plans for it...It will lean in my new sewing room and I can hang my favourite quilts on it...
Now...can anyone tell me how I paint it white and make it look shabby chic and distressed??
8 comments:
Your Union Jacks look amazing, what a brilliant idea. Lovely hexies too.
Oh how I love your Union Jacks! I have a paper pattern for one and have not started it. You are a bad influence...I dug that pattern out. That's just what I need-heh heh. Your work is beautiful! Did you get your FW book yet? Can't wait to hear what you think of it! Glad you had a good trip!
Cheery wave!
Bev
Love the pink and red combo. You can paint the ladder whit with a sponge and it will give you a llok you might like. Or paint it white, let it dry then take a different color white paint it on with a brush let it dry a few minutes and whipe it down with a rag to get the effect you want.
Holey doley Cathy 200 hexies while travelling....fantastic...as are the Union Jacks....just gorgeous! I love Salamanca Market!
Love your Union Jacks and Well Done on your Great Find.
Cheers
Great!!!! I love Union Jack:-)
A big hug, Emanuela
They are all very gorgeous ...;0))) I have wanted to make one as well... Just because...:0)) I do have some British blood in my veins ...far far away...so it would have been fun...
Love your ladder....remember my happiness when I found one.. and now it's standing outside almost all forgotten after some years with flowers on...so paint it and enjoy it !!!
So you are going to tackle the vignette quilt as your next project... Wonder how many times I have thought ...just do it... Maybe some day ill get to it.... Wish you all the luck!!!!:0)
After sanding down and wiping off the ladder you have 2 options paint with 2 coats cream or white then when the paint s dry get a piece of very fine sandpaper sand away a bit of the paint on the edges in places go down the wood or you can have a pale color first coat then cream on top, when you sand you can show the wood as well as the color underneath.
Hope ths els
Post a Comment