Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sister's Weekend

 
Last weekend my sister Fiona and myself had a shopping weekend in Melbourne together without husbands or children. We both had a good time with lots of talking, eating and shopping. It was wonderful to spend time together, something we havent done for quite sometime, although I think we both missed our hubbys and children a little....
 
 We had a celebratory drink at the airport before we left Launceston.
The weekend was to celebrate Fiona's birthday after all.

A drink in the hotel before heading out for dinner on Saturday night.

 
An absolute highlight was afternoon tea on Sunday at Koko Black.
My chocolate taster plate and scrummy milk shake. I
t was very decadent but divine!!
 
And thanks to Teresa for sharing this wonderful shop with me. It is an absolute must if you go to Melbourne. A little tricky to find, but well worth the look. I purchased a gorgeous French General (of course) mini-bunting and 3 mill bobbins that have come from a woollen mill in America. Andrew was a little bewildered as to why I would want to sit 3 wooden "dumb-bells" on my Singer sewing machine....sometimes men just dont understand us do they...haha....


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

how nice to spend time with your sister Cathy and oh boy all that yummy chocolate you sure had fun.xx

Jan said...

What a lovely weekend to celebrate a birthday. I'm so pleased you got to l'Uccello; isn't it a wonderful shop. Looking forward to welcoming you to Ballarat, Cathy.

De said...

what a wonderful weekend

Lynda said...

What a great weekend. Did you visit L'Uccello?

marina said...

what great sister time!
L'uccello is such a beautiful shop, I even enjoy just looking and don't feel disappointed if I don't buy anything lol

Susan said...

I really need to plan a weekend like that with my big sister. Looks like so much fun.

Roseanne said...

Look like you had a great time together. I love spending time with my sister to but we don't do it much.

Vonna said...

Cathy, you are Fiona are beautiful ladies. I have a twin sister and we love to hang out like that. I actually have one of those spools and I put some tapered candles in them with some pretty ribbon. From trash to treasure is my motto.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend was had by you both :)