Sunday, January 11, 2015

January- Week 1-A Happy Birthday

This week was Andrew's birthday and we had a lovely dinner with Fiona, Nathan and the girls! I bought him tickets to see The Eagle in Sydney in March and he was a bit excited! I am so lucky to have this wonderful man in my life, he really is my best friend! 
This week I finished the Lori Holt "haveyourselfaveryquiltyxmas".
 I have had so much fun making this quilt with my Yankee Instagram friends.
On Thursday I went and played at Sarah's shop, Patchwork's Plus. Sarah helped me with Metro-rings, my faux Wedding Ring quilt. She is such a great teacher!
I have always wanted to make a Wedding ring quilt, I am happy with this modern world slant on the traditional design!
Friday I had the best day sorting, tidying and cleaning my Sewing room.
It's all clean and ready to make a mess in again! 


5 comments:

Deb said...

Lovely photos of you and your man Cathy. It sounds and looks like you have had a lovely week all in all.
Your xmas quilt looks great.

Lorraine said...

Looks like a fun time all round...don't you love playing in your sewing room!...and of course you will also get to enjoy the gift you gave Andrew - very astute gift choosing there! Who doesn't enjoy a trip to Sydney!

Lynda said...

Holidays are the best and you know how to enjoy them :)

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely quilt.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy lovely pics and happy birthday to your man. Wow love your xmas quilt its awesome,and how lucky you are to be able to play in Sarah's shop,and love your sewing room.xx