Sunday, February 1, 2015

February-Week 4-Happy Australia Day

Monday was Australia Day and we celebrated by having traditional Aussie tucker. We had fairy bread, TimTams, sausage roll pinwheels and Alex successfully made her first Pavlova. 
A quieter week, being as it is my last week of holidays I tried to stay home more. We finished sorting the house and all the cupboards have now been tided and reorganised!
A nice feeling!
Just the garage to go, and hopefully that will be done this weekend. 
My Valentines quilt is all pieced and ready to go to Sarah to be quilted.
I am so happy with the way it turned out!
I also had a play with Figtree's Mini Jumping Jacks quilt pattern. I had lots of fun making this little wall hanging. This is also in need of quilting. I love it hanging above the Sewing room door! 
And another finish. This stitchery was a FIS Christmas gift from Helen.
I turned it into a cute little pin cushion.
Mum gave me the scissors this week and they were my Grandmothers. I absolutely love having Nan's scissors and they are very special to me. Nan and I used to have crafty talks a lot and she taught me many of my sewing skills. I miss those chats! xx 
Well off to work this week. It has been an enjoyable holiday and I'm feeling very refreshed. 
And the best thing about going to work tomorrow is I am on holidays again in 9 weeks! Yay!! 

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

You have been very busy! Love the mini jumping jacks! Hope you have a good first week back at work....and yes, that next lot of hols is just around the corner! X

Susan said...

Looks like you made the most of your holidays. Love the Union Jack mini, and very cute pin cushion.