For Christmas and Andrew's birthday in January I surprised him with a weekend in Sydney and tickets to see The Eagles, a band he has always been keen to see live.
We left Saturday and returned Tuesday staying at a hotel in Darling Harbour.
On Saturday we spent much of the day wondering around the Darling Harbour area, watching the dragon-boat races and just soaking up the atmosphere.
Later Saturday afternoon we caught a ferry to Circular Quay and then over to Manly where we had a relax on the beach and the mandatory Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
After a long walk and breakfast at The Rocks on Sunday morning we caught a bus to Bondi. A great atmosphere, but way too many "beautiful" people; not my idea of a relaxing beach area. The weather was extremely warm and we wished we had taken our bathers!
On our way back from Bondi the weather changed radically and the predicted storm arrived. It was one of the most freakiest things we have ever seen. The storm clouds rolled right over our ferry on the harbour like waves, it was very surreal!
The rain arrived as we were docking and there was a major downpour for quite sometime. I think the temperature dropped some 15 degrees in 5 minutes.
On Monday we caught a train to The Crewel Gobelin in Killarra. I came away with two new cross-stitch samplers I have been eyeing off for a while and I cannot wait to get started on one of them. Killarra was a very elite suburb with tree lined streets, large Tudor style homes and the majority of cars being BMW or Mercedes.
After our morning in Killarra we went shopping at Birkenhead Point and then headed back to the city.
Andrew went and visited one of his favourite pubs and had a beer while waiting for me.
Once we were tarted up for dinner and The Eagles we went to Margaritaville for a cocktail and then The Meat Co for one of the best steaks ever!
Our lovely weekend in Sydney was made all the more wonderful by The Eagles. They sang All Night Long for almost 3 hours and it was definitely One of Those Nights and Life was In the Fast Lane.
Andrew loved the eagles and I Cant Tell You Why but he sure portrayed A Peaceful Easy Feeling, no Desperado that night!
A great mid-term break! Now back to reality!!









4 comments:
Hi Cathy what a wonderful birthday for your hubby and you fitted so much in,i love the markets at the rocks,such lovely old buildings there,and wow how awesome you got to see the eagles concert,such wonderful memories for you both xx
Love your Eagles puns - very entertaining. You've had a great weekend and packed in a lot. My friend is going to see The Eagles tonight - I'm just a bit green but I did see them a few years ago. Great show.
Great Photos Cathy, glad you both had a good time.
Sydney is such a great place to visit for a long weekend. Looks like you packed lots in. I can't wait to visit the Crewel Gobelin, nice souvenirs. Did you know that Material Obsession is reLly close to Birkenhead? Next time. Love the Eagles too. By the way, your health kick seems to be paying off for both of you.
Post a Comment