Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April-Week 17-Happy Birthday to me!

Tuesday was finally the BIG day. I had a wonderful day and was treated like a Princess by this wonderful man. Roses delivered to work and a drink at The Seaport afterwards.
He also gave me a black sapphire ring that we designed together. My new ring is the same design as his Mum's missing eternity ring, hers however had emerald stones.

Saturday was ANZAC Day and the 100th year Commemoration of the landing at Gallipoli. 
I was a bit sad and melancholy and spent the day at home. I always miss my Nan and Pop on ANZAC Day because when they were alive we spent the day with them attending the Dawn Service, the Street Parade and then having lunch together.
Next year my cousins, Fiona and I have decided to make it a family event again, possibly attending The Parade and a Counter meal at The Centennial, Nan and Pops favourite pub.
After lunch I had to have an Anzac biscuit of course, although this year I was slack and bought a packet from the supermarket.
I need to get my act together and become more involved in the day next year.
Andrew did take part in The Parade. He proudly wore his father and grandfathers medals. 

Sunday, along with Deb, Lisa and Sally I took part in The TasMudrun.
What a lot of fun! Mud everywhere!! 
I was as happy as a Pig in Mud!
It was challenging and I have many bruises and splinters to prove that I crawled through waist high mud,over rocks and hay bales, climbed over fences and through tunnels, wadded through rivers and clambered up shipping containers!
Despite all of that, it was hilarious and we had an absolute ball.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

What a shame the birthday is over. Your new ring is beautiful. ANZAC Day is special to us for all sorts of reasons and turning it into a family day is a wonderful way to spend it.

Oddbjørg said...

A belated Happy Birthday! The ring is beautiful.

Chookyblue...... said...

FINALLY happy birthday........